Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Windsor is on a mission to bring "deepfake" technology out of the shadows and into productive mainstream use. We believe AI powered video editing will play an integral part in media, business and communities tomorrow - just like Photoshop does today.
Founded in 2021, Windsor has raised over $3 million from top-tier investors and has produced over 40 thousand augmented videos in under a year
With a focus on stability, scalability, and speed, joining Windsor as one of our first 5 software engineers, you’re responsible for operating autonomously to help build the platform to further our shared vision. Both the founders at Windsor are passionate engineers and we expect you to share in that passion. We also expect you to take initiative in helping recruit and mentor new engineers that want to join Windsor.
We're looking for a Software Engineer with a strong cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) experience. In this role, you will be designing and implementing, across the ecosystem of infrastructure, tools and services that all pillars of the company rely on. Some examples include our video and audio generation pipelines, our customer facing APIs, our partner integrations, and our numerous internal tools. You will be technically challenged with everything from infrastructure tooling (e.g. Terraform), automation, database design and optimization, build and deployment pipelines, monitoring and logging architecture, containerization, distributed systems, algorithm design, and more. Your work will help to drive our key strategic initiatives that enable our entire company to handle future iterations of our AI video platform.
- We are currently hiring remotely, anywhere in the world*
- Own (with near-complete autonomy) more than one core pipeline, such as the Video Generation Pipeline (not including ML work), or the data collection and engineering pipeline
- Design, implement and scale cross-disciplinary software services using tools you might not yet be familiar with
- Build infrastructure from the ground up leveraging Lambdas, Terraform, and anything else at your disposal
- Collaborate with other teams across the company including Design, Sales and Marketing, and our ML team on every initiative
- Continuously evaluate and identify current system limitations, and implement solutions to improve our ability to maintain stability as our team grows
- Help grow the team by mentoring and interviewing other talented engineers that want to join Windsor
What We're Looking For
3+ years of experience in Software Engineering, with a focus on Backend and Infrastructure.
Deep knowledge of Node.js, and working knowledge of atleast one other programming language of your choice.
Experience working with technologies like AWS services, Serverless Architectures, and monitoring (e.g Datadog, Honeycomb).
Ability to work at an incredible pace on tight deadlines. What would take most of your peers 5 weeks to build, you should do in 2.
Ability to readily learn most technologies on-the-go, and never shy away from the unknown.
Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and ambitious environment with a high degree of autonomy.
Perks at Windsor
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- 15 day MTO (Minimum Time Off, enforced) with Unlimited PTO
- Professional development / Continued education reimbursement
- A minimum of one fully paid company off-site somewhere in the world per year
- Home office & technology reimbursement
- Ability to work remotely
Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All employees and contractors of Windsor are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
“When in doubt, apply”