Senior Full Stack Engineer
Upwage is connecting the 44% (!!) of Americans making less than $16/hr (!!) directly with the 60% (!!) of employers raising wages. By using AI & big data to deliver the thing workers care most about (better wages), we aim to create $1 trillion in new wealth over the next decade for those who need it most.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Designing solutions from scratch using modern cloud-native services and programming stacks.
- Building micro-services and cross-platform interfaces
- Formulating development plans and writing lots and lots of code
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a team-first mentality, and value collaborative results over personal accolades
- You have an owner’s instinct and sense of responsibility
- You have an ability to execute challenging game-plans and deliver measurable results
- You've demonstrated an ability to successfully engage productively with leaders and peers
- You are a technical leader who can evaluate, guide, and coach on critical decisions in systems architecture and code
- 8 years experience developing and leading software development efforts for a software product company
- Excellent knowledge of service-oriented architectures, cloud-based solutions (e.g. AWS), middle-tier frameworks, data streaming/computation micro-services, relational and non-relational databases
- Leadership experience developing in Node.js and modern stacks based on node.
- Expert level python 3
- Infrastructure leadership in AWS
- Significant development with the latest React version on consumer-facing products
Upwage is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.