UX Software Engineer
The UX Software Engineer will be a leader in the creation of what is seen and used by our community of business leaders seeking board opportunities and those seeking diverse talent. Your input and knowledge will be relied upon to create a world class talent marketplace.
The UX Engineer at theBoardlist will have the opportunity to build technology that redefines leadership recruiting. Today, companies are reliant on email-based communication with their own, limited networks to source board and executive talent. That talent is often evaluated on traditional signals of quality that limit access for diverse candidates. theBoardlist is building technology and leveraging data in innovative ways that address the existing pain points in the process for both candidates and companies as well as significantly expands exposure for the deep pipeline of diverse talent to career advancing opportunities. theBoardlist is a SAAS product that will be monetized through a subscription model and has already begun generating revenue.
This role will be the first full time engineer in the organization and as such will have the opportunity to influence the technical direction and product vision for theBoardlist. The person in this role will collaborate closely with our Head of Engineering, COO and Head of Sales to design and build the next generation of differentiating features.
This role is remote and reports to our Head of Engineering.
This is a full-time salaried position that pays between $105,000 and $125,000/yr (depending on experience), plus benefits: equity; vacation; insurance; and voluntary participation in our 401k.
- Design and building applications with user rich experiences
- Contribute to the direction of UI/UX plans and solutions
- Lend your knowledge to assure that the code is scalable
- Lead and participate in product design discussions
- Bottom line - be a leader in the design and creation of the user experience
- Collaborate with external facing teams to collect and assess user research
- 2-5 years experience with CSS3 and Less/Sass (ability to write mixins, partials, functions etc) and usage in large scale applications.
- Strong visual design balanced with usability and interaction design skills.
- Experience in gathering inputs from users & partners and using your design thinking and experience to help shape project requirements and scope.
- Experience assessing and prioritizing work to deliver high impact and high usage features
- Experience with Sketch or similar tools.
- A successful candidate has strong technical skills, passion to create intuitive user experiences; with a keen eye for details to design & deliver results which would surprise & delight our customers.
- Startup mentality - ownership, agility, resilience, ability to rapidly iterate, problem solver, comfort with ambiguity and willingness to wear multiple hats.
- Experience evaluating application analytics to guide decisions