Senior People Operations & Programs Manager
- The fastest email experience in the world
- Loved and adored: see what our customers say
Our customers get through their inbox twice as fast; many see inbox zero for the first time in years.
Come shape the future of email, communication, and productivity!
BUILD LOVE 💜
At Superhuman, we deeply understand how to build products that people love. We incorporate fun and play; we infuse magic and joy; we make experiences that amaze and delight.
It all starts with the right team — a team that deeply cares about values, customers, and each other.
CREATE MASSIVE IMPACT 🚀
We're not solving a small problem, and we're not addressing a small market. We're going after email; the one activity that consumes more of our work day than any other.
Our ambition doesn't stop there. Next: calendars, notes, contacts, tasks. We are building the productivity platform of the future.
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE 🌟
We have created the frameworks for how to build product market fit and redefined the narrative of how to onboard customers successfully. We have shown the world it’s possible to build a premium productivity brand. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, IVP, Tiger Global Management, Sam Altman, and the founders of Gmail, Dropbox, Reddit, Discord, Stripe, GitHub, AngelList, and Intercom.
Our latest financing was led by IVP, and we welcomed Ajay Vashee to our board. Our prior financing was led by Andreessen Horowitz, and we welcomed Marc Andreessen and David Ulevitch to our board.
This time, we’re swinging beyond the fences and fundamentally rethinking how individuals and teams should collaborate. We are building a household brand and a worldwide organization. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too.
As the Sr. Manager, People Operations & Programs, you’ll lead some of our most impactful culture and community programs, and help set the bar for strong operations and process.
- Lead employee insights, culture, and community programs to uphold and deeply embed our values of delight and remarkable quality.
- Building and managing workflows, and partnering with managers to support key employee milestones and moments of recognition, such as review cycles, anniversaries, promotions, equity re-ups, etc.
- Lead and enable seamless employee onboarding and offboarding experiences.
- Drive community and culture building programs, including occasional in person events.
- Help oversee management of the San Francisco office and ongoing remote & hub cities working policies and support.
- Independently deliver our total reward programs to our team including partnering with our vendors, answering employee questions, and maintaining compliance.
- Optimizing our people systems to keep them up-to-date and easy to use.
- Contributing to making Superhuman a continuously more inclusive place to work by applying a lens of inclusion and equity to all employee programs and initiatives.
- Manage and mentor other members of the People Team.
SOUND LIKE YOU? 🙌
- Experience: Strong progressive experience with a high degree of ownership across People Operations, Employee Experience, Culture, and Total Rewards (likely 7-10+ years of growth in a People role, though experience isn’t always linear!)
- Inclusive Leader: Building a culture of inclusion is not an afterthought. It’s the first thing you champion as a project leader, people manager, and teammate, and are comfortable leading through an inclusive lens.
- Delight Focused Partner: You are an expert at creating moments that surprise and delight everyone you partner with! People seek you out to be a part of their teams because you’re known to bring an extra sparkle to everything you touch.
- Proficient Asynchronous Communicator: You're able to distill complexity into clear and concise messaging, and have a knack for landing the perfect tone. You’re effective across various mediums (especially Slack, notion, and email) and can produce and consume detailed written materials as needed without sacrificing speed. You respond quickly and thoughtfully to unblock others and speed things up.
- Driving to the Finish Line: When you’re on the job, you get things done! You love seeing something through to the end, you face challenge with positivity, and don’t let anything get in your way from seeing results.
- Empathetic Process Designer: You know how to put yourself in the shoes of your teammates, and draw upon deep empathy to design and roll out processes and programs that just work. Your stakeholders trust what you design, and are excited to follow your processes, because they always feel seen and heard in what implement.
- Structured Project Manager: You have honed a systematic way of running your projects. You bring structure to your to do list, and know how to break down large tasks into smaller pieces to get things done.
- Bar Raiser: You know excellent quality, and you bring it out in those you work with! You love to set ambitious goals, and thrive when given the chance to go above and beyond. By leading through example, you help others around you up the ante and achieve excellence as well.
- Comfort with Change: You know how to roll with change, and aren’t phased by needing to change directions quickly, tackle new things that need urgent attention, or taking an extra step, especially when it means doing best by our people and our team.
- Location: In the Bay Area, available to travel into the San Francisco office 1-2 days a week through Q4 2024, and open to helping host occasional in person company events locally.
SALARY INFO 💸
Our compensation band reflects the potentially broad range of candidates and experience levels that we are open to hiring for this role.
Our starting salaries for this role range from $155,000 - $165,000. The salary range does not reflect total compensation, which includes base salary, benefits, and company stock options.
We are looking for someone in the Bay Area able to come in at least once per week to our San Francisco office and open to hostly occasional in person local employee events.
Taking Care of Your Future 🙏
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, and 75% coverage for all your dependents.
- Voluntary insurance: short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k) plan (we match 75 cents per dollar, up to 4% of your salary).
- Free access to Northstar, a financial wellness platform that provides financial advisors + personal finance tools.
Generous Time Off 🏝
- Take as much vacation as you like!
- 13 additional company holidays, plus your own Care Days, Flexible Holidays, and a company-wide Winter Break.
- Generous parental, caregiver, healthcare, and compassionate leave policies.
Investing in Your Growth ✍️
- $3000 per year towards your professional development.
- Free access to Calm and Taskhuman.
- Allyship education program to help build your best self.
Setting You Up For Success 🧑🏻💻👩🏾💻
- $1000 budget for workstation setup.
- $60/week for your lunches, groceries, or whatever nutrition you need to stay fueled up!
- Flexible spending accounts for commuter costs, dependent care, and healthcare expenses.
At Superhuman, we value diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.