Senior Product Designer
- The fastest email experience in the world
- Loved and adored: see what our customers say
We help our customers create time for what matters most, feel happier and more productive in their work, and get closer to achieving their full potential.
Come shape the future of email, communication, and productivity!
BUILD LOVE 💜
At Superhuman, we deeply understand how to build products that people love. We incorporate fun and play; we infuse magic and joy; we make experiences that amaze and delight.
It all starts with the right team — a team that deeply cares about values, customers, and each other.
CREATE MASSIVE IMPACT 🚀
We're not solving a small problem, and we're not addressing a small market. We're solving one of the most fundamental, age-old challenges for humanity: effective communication.
We've transformed email into an experience that creates delight, but our goal is to build the productivity platform of the future.
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE 🌟
We have created the frameworks for how to build product market fit, and redefined the narrative of how to onboard customers successfully. We have shown the world it's possible to build a premium productivity brand. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, IVP, Tiger Global Management, Sam Altman, and the founders of Gmail, Dropbox, Reddit, Discord, Stripe, GitHub, AngelList, and Intercom.
Our latest financing was led by IVP, and we welcomed Ajay Vashee to our board. Our prior financing was led by Andreessen Horowitz, and we welcomed Marc Andreessen and David Ulevitch to our board.
This time, we're swinging beyond the fences and fundamentally rethinking how individuals and teams should collaborate. We are building a household brand and a worldwide organization. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too.
How you’ll contribute
- Work with teammates in product, marketing, engineering, and analytics to craft impactful experiences through new features and enhancements.
- Define and shape features, starting from early ideas and sketches, progressing to interactive prototypes, high-fidelity designs, and final implementation.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to understand our customers, and competitor analysis to understand our landscape.
- Leverage customer insights to drive decisions aimed at enhancing our product experience and amplifying user engagement.
- Elevate the design culture at Superhuman by pursuing remarkable quality in your design craft and producing consistent, high-quality work.
How you’ll collaborate
- Partner with product managers to set the vision for your team and build a roadmap of projects that improve our company objectives and metrics.
- Engage with Product and Brand stakeholders, effectively communicating design updates to leadership for feedback and approval.
- Advise product and engineering teammates through a deep understanding of design and interaction patterns, staying abreast of emerging trends and best practices.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and marketing to improve processes and deliver top-tier features.
SOUND LIKE YOU? 🙌
- Experience: 5+ years relevant working experience in product design roles.
- Expertise: You have demonstrated mastery of product design, encompassing prototyping, visual and interaction design, typography, layout, and visual hierarchy.
- Curiosity: You love exploring new ideas and solutions across technology and user-centric design. You are a perpetual learner, constantly seeking out new insights and industry trends to add to your repertoire of ideas and solutions. You are exceptionally curious about technology, design, product, and people.
- Learning: You thrive in ambiguity and are excited by the opportunity to validate hypotheses and drive clarity through experimenting and learning from assumptions.
- Delight & Empathy: You understand how customers think and care deeply about their journey. You can accurately predict how changes will make them feel. You enjoy creating delight.
- Excellent Communication: You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form. You can engage constructively in debate and discussion with your colleagues and peers.
- Collaborator: You can partner with a diverse team to achieve business results. You have experience facilitating discussions with engineers and product managers to drive strategy and execution.
- Appreciation of Quality: The details and nuances of your work, especially in design, are important to you. You are enthusiastic about your favorite products and can articulate why they're incredible. You are excited to build a premium brand.
- Location: We're open to you joining us in our San Francisco office, or from a home office anywhere in North America/South America.
SALARY INFO 💸
The Senior Product Designer role may span a range of experience and expertise. Through our interview process, we will review your background, local market data, and use a mix of technical and qualitative assessments to determine where you fall in our range. We will talk about compensation in our first conversation and be transparent throughout the process about which level we think is the best match for you in our organization.
Our starting salaries for this role range from $155,000-$185,000. The salary range does not reflect total compensation, which includes base salary, benefits, and company stock options.
We are open to candidates in the US, Canada, or Latin America. We take a locally informed approach to non-US based compensation and will be able to share ranges based on your country of residence.
Taking Care of Your Future 🙏
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you, 75% coverage for all your dependents.
- Voluntary insurance: short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- 401(k) plan (we match 75 cents per dollar, up to 4% of your salary).
- Free access to Northstar, a financial wellness platform that provides financial advisors + personal finance tools.
Generous Time Off 🏝
- Take as much vacation as you like!
- 13 additional company holidays, plus your own Care Days, Flexible Holidays and a company-wide Winter Break.
- Generous parental, caregiver, healthcare, and compassionate leave policies.
Investing in Your Growth ✍️
- $3000 per year towards your professional development.
- Free access to Calm and Taskhuman.
- Allyship education program to help build your best self.
Setting You Up For Success 🧑🏻💻👩🏾💻
- Custom MacBook Pro.
- $1000 budget for workstation setup.
- $60/week for your lunches, groceries, or whatever nutrition you need to stay fueled up!
- Flexible spending accounts for commuter costs, dependent care, and healthcare expenses.
At Superhuman, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.