Director of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2022
About the Company
Named a Forbes Fintech 50, Stronghold’s mission is to improve financial access by powering innovative payment and financial services solutions through our open APIs. We’ve been going deep to lay the underlying rails for modern payments and reach all customers with secure, transparent ways to move money.
We are seeking team players who can evolve with the company as we scale and add new products. We are a team of technologists and industry experts who take a data-driven and innovative approach to solving problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards curiosity and grit.
Stronghold is proud of its SF Bay Area and New Zealand roots and strives to build a diverse team to serve our ecosystem better while staying true to our core values. Our core values are to Be Self Aware, Have Good Judgment, Be Curious, Seek Innovation, Excellent Communication, High Impact, Be Bold, Be Selfless, Be Accountable, Be Honest, and Show Grit.
About the Role
Stronghold is looking for a strategic and data-driven marketing leader to drive marketing operations and strategy for our next chapter of our growth. This role is responsible for overseeing all aspects of our marketing technology stack, lead flow, and operations as well as marketing strategies such as spend management, fiscal year planning, and quarterly executive reviews.
Successful candidates are experienced in B2B sales and marketing with a proven track record of designing and implementing marketing operations that resulted in pipeline and revenue growth. You’ll report to the Head of Revenue and collaborate closely with revenue operations, sales, product, and business technology teams while continuously adapting and evolving our marketing operations, MarTech investments, and our strategy.
What You'll Do
- Build and evolve a measurable and predictable customer acquisition engine
- Manage marketing technology budgets, vendor evaluations, vendor relationships, contracting, and ensure that the mechanics of the marketing operations are working optimally
- Be the voice of marketing performance to our revenue leadership team
- Work day-to-day with sales leadership, SDR, and revenue operations to ensure optimization and cross-functional alignment
- Manage marketing operations consultants to improve marketing automation, targeting & personalization
- Develop business cases to inform investment & campaign ROI analysis
- Analyze media mix and provide recommendations
- Mature our channel attribution, forecasting and goal setting/tracking
- Work with leadership to design effective quarterly business reviews and strategy off-sites
- Lead our MarTech roadmap strategy and calendarLead long term multi-year strategic planning to increase total addressable market (TAM)
What We're Looking For
- Driven, curious and self-motivated to continuously master their tradecraft
- Strategic thinker
- Humble and collaborative team player
- Fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks
- Understands the complex Stronghold ecosystem with multiple personas and drives the best ROI with your marketing decisions
- 8+ years of marketing strategy & operations supporting demand generation for B2B technology businesses
- Expert in driving digital journeys through digital marketing and demand generation programs
- Proven track record analyzing top of funnel marketing metrics and sales pipeline to provide actionable insights and recommendations
- Experience with Account Based Marketing (ABM) technology and programs
- Experience with HubSpot is a plus
- Continuously evaluate the performance and outcomes of integrated campaigns, helping marketing leadership adjust demand tactics and strategy accordingly
- An innate sense of urgency to drive programs forward and deliver results
- Ability to manage long-term projects with short-term troubleshooting concurrently
- Process-oriented with the ability to bring structure and scalability to how we use our MarTech stack
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Work Schedule: Getting the job done isn't always 9 to 5. Determine your working hours so you get things done when it works for you and your family
- Stock Options: We offer stock options that align with your equity mindset so you can reach our personal financial goals. Have skin in the game and feel like an owner
- Health Care: We provide options for Health Care that have you and your family covered. From PPOs to HMOs we have something that will work for whatever stage of life you are in
- Hybrid Work Environment: We embrace the hybrid in-office and work-from-home culture
- Learning Credits: Curiosity and lifelong learning is a core values at Stronghold. We want to provide you with the resources you need to continue to expand and grow as an individual
- Flexible Vacation: We offer flexible vacation so you can get the time-off you need that works for you
The base salary for this position is $150,000 - $180,000 while taking into consideration factors such as relevant experience, skillset and qualifications for the role, and location. Stronghold currently offers health benefits for eligible employees.
**Visa sponsorship is not available at this time. Only applicants who do not require sponsorship will be considered.
See more open positions at Stronghold
Something looks off?