Senior DevSecOps Engineer
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
We are looking for a Sr. DevSecOps Engineer who has hands-on experience building and managing a cloud-based infrastructure. Additionally, this engineer will be responsible for development cycles in integration/continuous deployment mode, process monitoring, and more broadly, constructing a “safety culture” within the SmithRx’s DevSecOps practice. Our user base is currently doubling monthly, and you would share the responsibility of orchestrating a reliable, sustainable, and scalable infrastructure.
What you will do:
- Help build and maintain a container based infrastructure that is elegant, redundant, scalable and compliant, and support the rest of the team doing the same.
- Be part of SmithRx Agile development team to deliver an end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management in a cloud environment.
- Gain a deep understanding of the challenges that SmithRx faces, technical and otherwise; collaborate with other teams to identify and carry out effective solutions.
- Work closely with our development team to develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines in a reproducible and secure manner.
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure issues, and perform root cause analysis when necessary.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure that applications and services are built with scalability, reliability, and security in mind.
- Organize the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability, acting proactively
- Be a pillar of a collaborative learning culture through exploration of new technologies, application of best practices, and any other innovations you would like to experiment with.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Develop custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Evaluate application performance, identify potential bottlenecks, develop solutions, and implement them with the help of developers.
- Be effective in maintaining SmithRX security program controls and best practices.
- Understand the health regulatory space and maintain HIPAA compliant systems.
- Make pragmatic decisions about technical tradeoffs, infrastructure costs, and resource utilization.
- Be a part of on-call PagerDuty rotations.
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps/DevSecOps.
- BS or advanced degree in computer science or other related field.
- Experience deploying and monitoring web applications in AWS.
- Worked as an active team member for both product development and the operations teams to provide the best DevSecOps practices and supported their applications with feasible approaches.
- Security first mindset, including demonstrated experience building secure development and test environments integrated to CI/CD pipelines and software release cycles.
- Experience building and maintaining a container based infrastructure and Kubernetes
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform experience a plus) and infrastructure testing strategies.
- Experience with infrastructure automation, systems reliability, load balancing, monitoring, logging.
- Experience with fully automating CI/CD pipelines with associated tools such as CircleCI and GitHub Actions.
- Experience working in and architecting for regulated environments with data privacy regulations like GDPR, HIPAA preferred.
- Experience working and managing SQL and NoSQL databases like Redis, Redshift, AWS RDS, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, and Snowflake
- Strong scripting skills, including shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python, Go, Groovy, Helm, etc.
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Discretionary Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Wellness Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Well-stocked kitchen in office locations
- Professional development and training opportunities