Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
The Payroll Administrator will manage and process all activities relating to the administration and maintenance of payroll and employee benefits. This role will work closely with the People Operations team to ensure accurate bi-weekly payroll processing and timecard management.
What you will do:
- Ensure accurate and proper payment of wages and salaries by preparing and processing salaries and reported hours worked in Paylocity, correctly utilizing paid leave, and holiday pay, correctly accruing compensatory time and correctly computing overtime if appropriate
- Work closely with management team on timesheet management, provide best practices and organize trainings for timesheet entries, approvals, submissions, and/or corrections
- Ensure organization is properly set up to submit employment tax reports and payments to various states for current and new geographies
- Improve internal operating procedures and controls for the administering and managing of benefits & payroll
- Develops appropriate communication and educational programs using various media to keep staff informed and updated on our organization benefit programs
- Effectively utilize the data processing system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data and information
- Conduct regular payroll processing audits and variance reporting and resolve discrepancies prior to payroll submission
- Serve as the first point of contact for employee inquiries regarding payroll
- Responsible for responding to and setting up garnishments and payment requests in HRIS and ensuring external payments are made in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates. Prepare, review and distribute annual employee tax forms, including W-2's and 1095's
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local tax jurisdictions including proper tax code setup in Paylocity. Review quarterly 941’s and other tax filings and reconcile to payroll records
- Assist the accounting team with payroll related journal entries and account reconciliations
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- 5-7+ years progressive experience with proven success in owning and managing the payroll process
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business, Management, or related field required.
- Experience at a rapidly growing startup is highly desired
- Effective communication, interpersonal and consultative skills
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- A ‘get it done’ creative attitude and an ability to seek out and implement novel solutions to meet a growing, dynamic, and ever-changing environment
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, be flexible, detail oriented and able to prioritize
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Discretionary Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Well stocked kitchen in office locations
- Professional development and training opportunities