Patient Care Supervisor
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
As a supervisor for our Patient Care (Patient Access) Team, you will be responsible for the operational efficiency of our team responsible for procuring medications through drug manufacturers and for enrollment of patient members in drug savings programs. Your team serves as our patient members’ advocate, and to guide them through the complex world of prescriptions to help them obtain medications in a cost-effective and timely manner. You will provide oversight in helping members get their medications through drug manufacturers in order to help meet organizational and operational KPIs, and to ensure customer satisfaction.
What you will do:
- Directly manage, coach, and mentor a team of Patient Access Specialists, whose primary responsibility is to help members apply and enroll into patient assistance
- Recruit and hire new team members
- Lead training and onboarding for all new team members
- Provide day-to-day supervision, support, and escalation path for Patient Access Specialists on your team
- Manage team to meet target KPIs associated with our patient advocate teams
- Ensure efficient allocation of operational center resources and maintain high performance standards
- Identify and drive areas for operational process improvements to support scale
- Cross-functional collaboration with other departments
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- At least 2 years of management experience in a health care setting
- HS diploma or GED or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience helping patients/members with healthcare
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Passion for mentoring and helping team members with career pathing and skills enhancement
- Solutions-oriented problem solver driven by creating operational efficiencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working at a fast-growing startup is a plus
- Previous experience with patient drug advocacy is a plus
- Previous experience with healthcare, pharmacy benefits, and/or claims processing a plus
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Discretionary Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Wellness benefits- Spring Health, Gympass, and Headspace
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Well-stocked kitchen in office locations
- Professional development and training opportunities