Patient Access Programs Operations Specialist
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
As a Patient Access Programs Operations Specialist, you will provide routine operations support for the Patient Access Operations team. As part of this role you will be responsible for tasks such as: data entry, pharmacy claims adjudication support for member facing teams, pharmacy partner support, routine operations audits, and task level project support. Your success is determined by your efficiency in processing high-volume task-oriented assignments.
What you will do:
- Conduct audits on program builds across adjudication platforms
- Accurately maintain the program database updated and current based on business needs
- Assist with aggregating data for Patient Access program billing, and invoicing
- Managing and updating program drug lists and spreadsheets
- Contact/make outbound calls to pharmacies to reprocess claims for medications as needed
- Execute digital communication outreach campaigns
- Coordinate incoming emails from pharmacy partners and internal teams with the expectation of resolution
- Provide exceptional support in daily operations of the Patient Access Programs
- Special projects, general support other ad hoc duties as assigned
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- High School diploma
- 2+ yrs of experience in healthcare or health systems operations function
- Proficiency in Mac, MS-Office, G-Suite
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience using Salesforce Service Cloud or other CRM tool is a plus
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and work independently, define problems as they arise, and work through them.
- The ability to make decisions, suggestions, and solve problems using sound, inclusive reasoning and judgment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an extended, cross-functional team
- Passion for helping people
- Passion for delivering high quality results
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Wellness benefits- Spring Health, Gympass, and Headspace
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Well stocked kitchen in office locations
- Professional development and training opportunities