Consulting Partnerships Director
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values of:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
About this role:
SmithRx is seeking a talented Director of Consultant Partnerships who will play a critical part of our strategy team by supporting the sales team focusing on pharmacy consultant relations.The role will be responsible for helping to manage, build and maintain relationships in the pharmacy consultant community as well as educating consultants on our value proposition and key differentiators. The critical KPI is developing commonality with consultants to correctly evaluate our value proposition in the market. In this role, you will collaborate cross functionally to effectively promote, support, partner and deliver the SmithRx solution. In addition, you will help develop playbooks for each key consultant partner on how to evaluate SmithRx and work to create needed collateral for the process. Our team members must be willing to wear multiple hats and adapt to different situations as SmithRx continues to grow and expand throughout the United States.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background and interest in healthcare and pharmacy benefits consulting, relationships management, strategy, process development, program management, leading presentations externally and internally and negotiation. This role reports directly to our VP of Strategy.
In this role, you will:
- Nurture SmithRx relationships with key contacts in the pharmacy consulting community, to drive strong relationships and increase understanding about our capabilities
- Drive opportunity growth through the pharmacy consultant channel
- Effectively collaborate with members of cross functional teams: Sales, Customer Success, Sales Ops, Partnerships, Strategy, Analytics, Product and Marketing
- Create purpose-built content (playbooks, cheat sheets, job aides, objection handling, FAQs, etc.) to improve solution knowledge and support the sales process and methodology focused on pharmacy consultants
- Collaborate with key groups at SmithRx (sales, customer success, sales ops, analytics, product, marketing) to ensure our work is informed by market influencers
- Learn and understand the various tools that are used in the Commercial Organization and work with your team to brainstorm and develop creative ways for further enablement (short videos, job aides, etc.)
- Facilitate meetings with pharmacy consultants to understand our differentiators and to drive excitement about our value proposition
- Content preparation and leading training will be critical
- Develop and maintain intra-company relationships consistent with our values
- Assist with responses to pharmacy consultant sourced RFPs.
- Assist in demonstrating SmithRx client value that occurs with shared broker clients and spreading the word across the practice when we deliver strong ROI and outcomes.
What you will bring to SmithRx
- 8+ years PBM experience working with consultants/brokers
- Doctorate of Pharmacy Degree
- Experience at a consulting or brokerage firm preferred
- Experience in a high growth, fast changing environment
- Ability to quickly understand complex internal processes and needs
- Excellent poise and presentation skills, strong writing skills
- Experience leveraging technology and tools
- Adept at social selling and networking
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Total Rewards package that includes incentive bonus and stock options
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Discretionary Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Wellness benefits- Spring Health, Gympass, and Headspace
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Well-stocked kitchen in office locations
- Professional development and training opportunities