Manufacturer Strategy Director
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
SmithRx is seeking a talented Director of Manufacturer Strategy who will play a critical part of our strategy team developing relationships with our drug manufacturer partners. The role will be responsible for helping to manage, build and maintain relationships in the drug manufacturer community, educating them on our value proposition and work collaboratively to bring new drug access strategies to market. The critical KPI will be creating a pipeline of manufacturers to sequentially implement our manufacturer focused products. In this role, you will collaborate cross functionally to effectively promote, support, partner and deliver the SmithRx solution. In addition, you will help develop playbooks for each key manufacturer partner on how to work with them in new and innovative ways. Our team members must be willing to wear multiple hats and adapt to different situations as SmithRx continues to grow and expand throughout the United States.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background and interest in healthcare and pharmacy benefits, drug manufacturer payer arrangements, relationships management, strategy, process development, program management, leading presentations externally and internally and negotiation. This role reports directly to our SVP of Product Strategy.
What will you do:
- Nurture SmithRx relationships with key contacts in the drug manufacturer community, to drive strong relationships and increase understanding about our capabilities
- Drive strategy implementation across our drug manufacturer partners
- Effectively collaborate with members of cross functional teams, Formulary, Customer Success, Sales Ops, Partnerships, Strategy, Analytics, Product and Marketing teams
- Direct ongoing support from drug manufacturers across the various teams in the organization
- Facilitate meetings with drug manufacturers to understand our differentiators and to drive excitement about our value proposition
- Content preparation and leading training will be critical
- Develop and maintain intra-company relationships consistent with our values
- Direct collaboration and development of new products with drug manufacturers
What will you bring to SmithRx:
- 8+ years PBM, specialty pharmacy, or drug manufacturer experience
- MBA or Doctorate of Pharmacy Degree Preferred
- Experience in a high growth, fast changing environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of the US healthcare reimbursement system
- Ability to quickly understand complex internal processes and needs
- Excellent poise and presentation skills, strong writing skills
- Experience leveraging technology and tools
- Adept at social selling and networking
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Discretionary Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Wellness benefits- Spring Health, Gympass, and Headspace
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Well-stocked kitchen in office locations
- Professional development and training opportunities