Clinical Review Pharmacist, Seasonal (6 months from hire date)
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
This is a 6 month contract position. As a part of the clinical services team, the Clinical Review Pharmacist will join the company’s clinical team to help optimize the SmithRx clinical offerings and outcomes for our customers, members and clients.
What you will do:
- Complete prior authorization reviews
- Collaborate with pharmacists as part of the P&T process
- Serve as a clinical subject matter expert to support account management, sales, and implementation teams
- Maintain open lines of communication with other functional areas within SmithRx
- Provide effective communication of SmithRx’s vision, mission, values and goals
- Participate in multi-departmental meetings and committees to accomplish projects
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD required
- 2-5 years pharmacy experience, including minimum 1 year experience with prior authorizations for commercial plans
- Strong clinical skills with the ability to apply sound clinical judgment to a variety of complex situations
- Proficiency in drug literature and clinical trial evaluation, including electronic databases such as Micromedex, Medline, and UptoDate
- Emphasis on problem solving skills, including identifying and accepting a challenging situation and proposing a solution
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint including tables, charts and figures preferred