Accounts Receivable Analyst
Who we are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values of:
- Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Embrace the challenge.
- Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
The AR Specialist is responsible for processing the day-to-day accounts receivable transactions into QuickBooks Online and internal systems, as well as responding to customer inquiries. This includes maintaining cash collections and researching/resolving customer A/R issues and questions. The ideal candidate is proactive, highly organized, self-driven and has meticulous eye for detail. This role reports to the Controller.
What You will do:
- Payment Application – review daily incoming banking transactions and book accordingly
- Prepare aging reports and update / reconcile sub-ledger to G/L
- Respond to internal and external questions around invoicing and Accounts Receivable
- Update and maintain customer records in ERP system
- Proactively monitor delinquent accounts on a timely basis
- Support customer remittance transition to new ACH and Lockbox
- Perform a variety of basic accounting tasks as assigned by manager
- Participate in audits, process documentation, and process improvement
- Manage the suspension and/or cancellation of accounts
- Inform Management/Account Management team regarding any potential issues and escalate situations as appropriate
What You will bring to SmithRx:
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable and collections
- Associate’s degree or equivalent professional experience in Accounting or Business Administration
- Highly skilled with Quickbooks
- Solid understanding of accounts receivable and basic understanding of accounting policy
- Knowledge of other general financial accounting areas
- Highly organized and focused on follow-through with excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated individual with an eye for process initiatives and improvement
- Strong communication and customer service skills with internal and external contacts
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments
- Ability to work in an open environment with cross-functional teams
- Strong MS Office Suite
- Experience with ERP software a plus
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Discretionary Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities