Lead, Plan Operations
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
SmithRx is looking for a Lead, Plan Operations to support all core Partner Operation functions ensuring high-quality delivery of the SmithRx products for our partners, clients, and members.
What will you do:
- Build a strong and cohesive team by providing leadership to direct reports through coaching and applying working knowledge of systems and procedures
- Provide people or functional area management to the Partner Operations Analysts and Specialists
- Conduct ongoing 1:1 meetings with direct reports and provide feedback for performance reviews and career progression
- Maintain platform configurations necessary for ongoing Partner Operations
- Communicate project status and escalating issues when appropriate
- Drive changes to improve workflow efficiency across the organization
- Collaborate and provide support for member support and customer success teams
- Collaborate with engineers on system enhancements to workflow automation
- Understand and facilitate technical details related to eligibility and accumulator file requirements
- Validate system configurations for accuracy by monitoring all inbound and outbound files
- Monitor open support tickets and provide troubleshooting support for our claims adjudication processes including eligibility, accumulators, and reporting
- Support new partner integrations and client implementations
- Interface with partners surfacing issues and tracking outstanding work requests
What will you bring to SmithRx:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Requires 5+ years of related work experience within healthcare benefits, pharmacy benefits, Third Party Administrator (TPA), etc.
- Requires 2+ years of managerial experience
- Robust analytical skills; proficient skills in Microsoft Excel
- Basic level skill and experience with MySQL encouraged
- Experience with electronic data interface (EDI) processes and standards
- Strong communication skills via face-to-face meetings, conference calls and written correspondence
- Self-starter mentality: ability to make informed decisions, find creative approaches to difficult challenges, and deliver on commitments
- Execution-focused ethos you are a solutions-oriented problem solver and efficiency driven
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to respond under the pressure of a fast-paced technology company
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Discretionary Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities