Pharmacy Benefits Configuration Supervisor
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage: Embrace the challenge.
- Together: Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
As a Lead, Benefit Configuration, you will support cross-functional teams during implementations and build and manage pharmacy benefit plans on various platforms to ensure a high quality SmithRx product. This role will also be responsible for supporting the Plan Operations team with core benefits operations functions while building and maintaining accurate benefit configuration.
What will you do:
- Provide guidance to the benefit configuration analysts and specialists
- Assist in performance evaluation and pay reviews
- Mentor and support the benefit configuration team to drive innovation and determine best practices
- Conduct 1:1 discussions with direct reports and provide feedback for career progression
- Work with clients, identifying and understanding benefit plan requirements. Build and maintain pharmacy benefit plans for client groups.
- Own all aspects of benefit configuration organization and structure for accounts by monitoring plan data integrity.
- Manage process improvement efforts.
- Provide leadership support to team members for escalations and complex configuration requests.
- Communicate to leadership on project status, escalating issues when appropriate, and drive changes to improve workflow efficiency.
- Be accountable for ensuring review and resolution of inquiries from internal teams such as member support and customer success are completed timely to improve member experience.
What will you bring to SmithRx:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in benefits configuration with a healthcare or health insurance organization
- Robust analytical skills; Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel;
- Strong communication skills via face-to-face meetings, conference calls and written correspondence
- Self-starter mentality: ability to make informed decisions, find creative approaches to difficult challenges, and deliver on commitments
- Execution-focused ethos - you are a solutions-oriented problem solver and efficiency driven
- Flexible, dependable, adaptable, and able to respond under the pressure of a fast-paced technology company
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Discretionary Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities