Instructional Designer / Trainer
About The Role
SmithRx is looking for an innovative Instructional Designer / Trainer to design and lead training programs for employees in our Patient Access Programs. This role will be instrumental in the design, development and delivery of training programs for the Patient Access teams. This role is responsible for creating end-to-end training for the Patient Access team to aid in ongoing learning and development of critical knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). This role is responsible for New Hire Training, additional cross-training, product or refresher training and continuing education as determined by business needs.
If you can think of and design engaging ways to train our employees, we’d like to meet you.
What you will do:
- Work with leadership to develop, execute, optimize, assess and deliver high quality training to the Patient Assistance program team members.
- Develop, deliver and train new content as new programs are implemented
- Conduct department-wide training needs assessment to identify required competencies, knowledge gaps and training requirements
- Establish overall training objectives and assess instructional effectiveness and impact on employee skills and KPIs.
- Design and develop curriculum, and deliver training in systems use, workflows, protocols, organizational policies and best practices.
- Design and deliver training curriculum and learning plans to ensure performance and learning objectives are met.
- Become a subject matter expert for the Connect Programs in order to deliver high quality training and content, and closely follow the progress of program-oriented initiatives
- Own the program-oriented training content across onboarding, program changes, and continuous learning, in addition to project managing knowledge check exercises on a recurring basis.
- Maintain updated knowledge within our internal knowledge hub, whilst helping to track which resources are most-used
- Develop training materials including PowerPoint presentations, videos, hand-outs, scenarios, exercises, and other documents to facilitate training both in-class and remote forums.
- Select appropriate training methods or activities (e.g., simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, nesting, shadowing etc.)
- Communicate trainee performance to managers.
- Develop job aids and reference materials. Confluence should be regularly updated to stay current with business needs.
- Participate with the QA Team in performance metric calibrations and incorporate learning objectives into the training plan.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in HR, Education, Organizational Development, or Industrial-Organizational Psychology.
- 6-8+ years experience delivering training in large blended classroom environments. Preferred experience working in health care or PBM or information technology industries.
- Experience in the different adult learning styles, ensuring facilitation and content is catered to each learner as much as possible
- Out of the box thinking and creativity to find unique, attention-grabbing methods of presenting material to keep the audience engaged.
- Experience in curriculum development process including analysis, instructional design, developing outlines, learning objectives, materials, and training needs assessments
- Empathetic approach to training; you have an ability to see things from the learners’ point of view, enabling you to find engaging approaches to deliver training/content.
- Ability to communicate complex training content to participants, answer questions, and ensure understanding
- Ability to deliver classroom, online (Google Meeting), or one-on-one training
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency using Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Apple Computing Products
- Flexibility: your ability and desire to explore different ways of reaching people and learn new techniques to help keep training exciting and engaging.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Local candidate preferred or travel required
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive health and wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance – 90% of cost paid for you and your family
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Discretionary Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities