EDI Configuration Analyst
Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed healthtech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
With fast-paced growth comes a critical need to support the implementation phase with all new SmithRx clients. The implementation and integration technical team leads mission-critical tasks related to electronic data interchange (EDI) and file management. The team is the frontline resource for ensuring all data exchange between SmithRx and the client are successful. The implementation and integration technical team collaborates with various internal and external partners to ensure seamless execution for members, clients, and other key stakeholders.
The Technical Integration Specialist will operate as a part of SmithRx’s growing Adjudication Platform Team. Candidate will work cross-functionally with our business and technology organizations to develop and implement streamlined solutions to electronic data integration workflows. Candidate will assist the team in designing processes to support integral PBM file exchanges that contribute to the ongoing success of SmithRx and our client. Our goal is to assist our business partners and effectively champion an efficient and streamlined data file sharing process for all parties.
What you will do:
- Ensure project implementation resources are executing on implementation of the solution in a timely manner, and in accordance with solution design
- Serve as the primary technical contact on all eligibility and data integration discussions
- Ensure client understands technical implementation roles & responsibilities
- Attend implementation meetings to provide guidance on our technical integration processes
- Ensure client is trained and empowered on SmithRx’s data integration solution
- Lead and/or assist in solution configuration and quality assurance
- Participate in implementation tasks (including technical tasks) as needed to meet project timelines and deliverables
- Troubleshoot and resolve any current and ongoing electronic data sharing issues to include but not limited to eligibility, accumulator and paid claim file formats, SFTP connectivity, data ingestion and data accuracy.
- Develop proficiency on SmithRx data process flows to play role of EDI expert to the client
- Provide product knowledge and expertise to implementation staff, client, and other stakeholders
- Manage implementation resource on project execution, without direct managerial ownership
- Manage integrations with third party systems.
- Excellent communication with technical, business, and non-technical team members.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, attention to quality, self-motivation, and a desire to succeed.
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 4-6 years EDI experience required
- Pharmacy claims adjudication (NCPDP) experience preferred
- Intermediate skill in SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Excel
- Robust analytical skills, ability to think critically about data and data flow
- General understanding of Healthcare Industry players (PBMs, EHRs,TPAs, Aggregators, Pharmacies)
- Strong communication skills, both in-person and written
- Self-starter mentality: ability to make informed decisions, find creative approaches to difficult challenges, and deliver on commitments
- Execution-focused ethos - you are a solutions-oriented problem solver and efficiency driven
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to respond under the pressure of a fast-paced technology company