Senior / Staff DevOps Engineer (Private Cloud Infrastructure)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
About Rewind 👋
At Rewind, our vision is to free the human mind from its biological limits. Rewind records anything you’ve seen, said, or heard and makes it useful. For example, if you’re in back-to-back meetings you don’t have time to take notes, track action items, and draft follow ups - Rewind automatically does all of this for you.
The product we have today is just the first step toward our audacious vision. We have raised over $33m from top-tier investors including Sam Altman, First Round Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, and NEA to help make that vision a reality.
Why Rewind 👀
Working at Rewind will be the most impactful job of your life. Our team is small and everyone plays a huge role. The work you’ll do will have tremendous impact on not just our company, but how the world works. We believe the best version of the future is one in which we augment - not replace - human intelligence with artificial intelligence. This is the key to unlocking humanity’s full potential, and you will play a critical role in helping us get there. Come join us.
- Health insurance: best-in-class healthcare for employees and dependents. Includes vision and dental.
- Great compensation: we are well-funded and pay well in both cash and equity.
- Flexible vacation: we want you to take the time you need to rest and relax.
- Employee-friendly equity terms: we offer a 10-year post-termination exercise period and early exercise for any options offered.
- Sell equity along the way: unlike most startups, we don’t believe in holding you captive with golden handcuffs. When there are opportunities for you to sell a portion of your vested stock, we offer them.
- Remote first: we have team members all over the U.S. and everyone is treated equally regardless of location.
- 401(k) plan: for US employees we offer a 401(k) plan with company matching.
- Office reimbursement: prefer working from an office? We provide a WeWork membership or reimbursement.
- Parental leave: we offer all parents 12 weeks of paid time off to spend time with their new family.
- Quarterly retreats: we have offsites quarterly to bring everyone together. Past retreats include Seattle, Breckenridge, Calistoga & Mexico.
- Choose your gear: we equip everyone with a new top-of-the-line laptop with all the upgrades.
- Final week of the year off: enjoy the final week of the year off while we all take time to recharge.
Why we need you ✨
- Invent The Future of Infrastructure That Powers AI and Maintains User Privacy: Your expertise in developing secure, isolated tenant cloud environments is crucial as we innovate to deliver the power of AI while maintaining the privacy of each user.
- Automation and Scalability: Help us automate the provisioning and management of these instances, ensuring our infrastructure can scale efficiently and reliably with our growth.
- Security and Privacy Pioneer: With your passion for data security and privacy technologies, lead the way in implementing cutting-edge solutions that protect our users' data and trust.
What will be your responsibilities 📓
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC): Utilize Terraform or similar tools to manage and provision complex, secure, and isolated cloud infrastructure systems across AWS, GCP, or Azure, focusing on confidential computing environments like AWS EC2 with Nitro Enclaves, KMS, and Azure/GCP equivalents.
- Database Architecture: Implement and manage database solutions that support efficient search functionalities and embedding storage + retrieval mechanisms within tenant cloud environments.
- Tenant Isolation: Design and implement robust tenant isolation mechanisms for per-user instances, ensuring secure compute and data storage capabilities that meet stringent privacy and security requirements.
- Automation and Optimization: Develop automation scripts and tools to streamline the deployment and management of cloud resources, improving efficiency, reducing manual effort, and enhancing security posture.
What will help you be successful 👏
- Excitement about the future of Personalized AI infrastructure: An interest to learn and execute on the cutting edge of personalized AI and Machine Learning data storage, fine tuning, training, and knowledge retrieval.
- Expertise in Cloud Platforms and Database Technologies: Deep knowledge of cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure), especially features related to confidential computing (AWS Nitro Enclaves, GCP/Azure confidential compute) and experience with cloud security services (like AWS KMS). Experience with database technologies including efficient search and vector embeddings.
- Infrastructure Automation Skills: Extensive experience with Infrastructure as Code tools, with a proven track record of managing complex, secure, scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Passion for Security and Privacy: A strong interest in data security, differential privacy, and the application of these principles in a cloud environment, coupled with knowledge of best practices in securing sensitive data.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: Ability to tackle complex infrastructure challenges, particularly in creating isolated, per-user cloud instances that are both secure and efficient.
Internally we aren't fixated on titles & levels since that can lead to needless hierarchy that distracts from the team's collective success. We recognize that not all companies operate that way so we say "Senior / Staff" to indicate we want people with substantial amounts of experience.
If you're interested in this job, we strongly encourage you to apply: we'd love to see you on our team working toward our audacious vision of giving humans superpowers.