Full Stack Engineer
Reset is a venture-backed fintech on a mission to transform the way people manage their money. We are proud to be a Public Benefit Corporation with a mission to alleviate the financial costs of poverty. Our initial product is a smart card that empowers working Americans by modernizing their most important financial transaction: payroll.
At Reset, we're driven by a deep commitment to social impact given we come from the disadvantaged communities that we serve. We recently completed our pre-seed fundraise (>$2M raised from top investors and angels) to build better financial products for hardworking Americans and help them regain control over their financial future.
Excited about building a product that makes an impact? Join our passionate team and, together, let's Reset the financial system.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Full Stack Engineer to join our team. As one of the first employees, you will play a crucial role in shaping the product and user experience from the ground up. Your expertise in frontend development and design will be instrumental in creating an intuitive and visually appealing interface that enhances user engagement and drives our platform's growth.
Our founding team currently works in a hybrid format in the San Francisco Bay Area, but we are open to fully remote for the right candidate.
- Collaborate closely with the co-founders to understand the product vision, technical requirements, and user experience goals
- Design and develop web applications using Ruby on Rails that are secure, efficient, and scalable
- Build and maintain a well-structured, maintainable, and efficient codebase following best practices and coding standards
- Ensure reliability and stability of the application via thorough testing and debugging with a focus on high-quality standards
- Work side-by-side with other early engineers to make technology stack decisions, including selecting appropriate tools, libraries, and third-party integrations
- Deploy, manage, and maintain the platform on Heroku, ensuring optimal performance and scalability
Who We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of full stack software development experience, with a focus on Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL
- Motivated by mission-driven work to help alleviate poverty in the U.S.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment
- Deep understanding of RESTful API design principles and experience in building backend APIs
- Solid understanding of database design, optimization, and management using PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g., Git) and agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, particularly Heroku, for deployment and maintenance
- Familiarity with security best practices in web development and data protection
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in fintech is a strong plus
- The backend: Ruby on Rails 7 PostgreSQL 14.5 Heroku
- The frontend: we’ll jointly decide with our frontend engineer
Reset is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status. We believe that having a workforce of varying backgrounds, skills, and ideas enables us to better serve our customers and uplift our communities.