Senior / Staff User Experience Designer
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Rad AI is the fastest growing radiologist-led AI company. In addition to winning the 2021 award for “Best New Radiology Vendor” and 2023 award for "Best New Radiology Software" from AuntMinnie, Rad AI ended 2021 by closing a $25M Series A round of investment and being named to the 2021 CB Insights Digital Health 150 - List of Most Innovative Digital Health Startups. Rad AI continued the momentum by being recognized as 2022 CB Insights AI 100 - Most Promising AI Companies.
Why Join Us: We are seeking an experienced Senior or Staff UI/UX Designer to join our dynamic team as we continue to innovate and develop cutting-edge radiology AI technologies. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the user experience and visual design of our software applications. This is an exceptional opportunity to work at the intersection of technology, design, and healthcare, driving positive change for patients and physicians worldwide.
- Build out the foundational design system, UI patterns, and style guides to unify the UI/UX across our 4 products
- Set the vision for the UX and drive the changes to our product to delight our users
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product managers, software engineers, and clinicians to define user requirements and translate them into intuitive and visually appealing designs
- Oversee multiple streams of work from insight to strategy to launch across multiple platforms and products
- Conduct user research to understand user needs, behaviors, and preferences, and leverage these insights to inform design decision
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging design technologies to continually enhance our product offerings
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Proven track record of at least 5 years in UI/UX design,
- Strong portfolio showcasing a range of UI/UX design projects that demonstrate both creativity and attention to detail
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Miro, or similar
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, information architecture, and interaction design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate design decisions and rationale effectively
Nice to Have:
- Experience in design in healthcare or medical technology industries
- Worked at a fast-paced tech company interacting with product managers and software engineers
Note: Please include a link to your portfolio or attach work samples with your application. Applications without portfolios or work samples will not be considered.
Rad AI offers a variety of benefits, including:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
HSA (with employer match), FSA, & DCFSA
11 paid company holidays
Location-flexibility (remote-first company!)
Flexible PTO policy
Annual company-wide offsite
Periodic team offsites
Annual equipment stipend
Company sponsored co-working space benefit
Founded in 2018 by the youngest radiologist in US history, Rad AI has seen rapid adoption of its AI platform, and is already in use at 7 of the 10 largest private radiology practices in the US. Rad AI uses large language models and state-of-the-art machine learning / generative AI to streamline repetitive tasks for radiologists, which yields substantial time savings, alleviates burnout, and creates more time to focus on patient care. Its first product, Rad AI Omni, saves radiologists an average of 60 minutes per day, and helps achieve up to 20% time savings per report.
Come join our world-class team as we build and deploy AI solutions that will make a difference in millions of people’s lives. Our team is mission-driven and focused on transparency, inclusion, close collaboration, and building an incredible team. Come and help us make a difference!
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
At Rad AI, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.