Senior / Staff Data Engineer
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Rad AI is the fastest growing radiologist-led AI company. In addition to winning the 2021 award for “Best New Radiology Vendor” and 2023 award for "Best New Radiology Software" from AuntMinnie, Rad AI ended 2021 by closing a $25M Series A round of investment and being named to the 2021 CB Insights Digital Health 150 - List of Most Innovative Digital Health Startups. Rad AI continued the momentum by being recognized as 2022 CB Insights AI 100 - Most Promising AI Companies.
Why Join Us: We are seeking a Staff or Senior Data Engineer to join our engineering team. Given our large client growth and projected movement in the year ahead, we're seeking to expand this team and add a strong resource on board who will play an instrumental role in the construction and maintenance of data collection systems, pipelines and management tools. This includes supervising both the functions of junior data engineers and the architectures themselves. This person would provide authority over the construction and continued operation of the Rad AI data systems. This position will report into our Director of Machine Learning and work alongside all critical parts of our business.
- Design and implement the data architecture, ensuring scalability, flexibility, and efficiency using pipeline authoring tools like Metaflow and large-scale data processing technologies like Spark.
- Define and extend our internal standards for style, maintenance, and best practices for a high-scale data platform.
- Collaborate with ML engineers and researchers to understand their data needs including model training and production monitoring systems and develop solutions that meet those requirements.
- Provide mentorship for all on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities. Support team members with the shipping of new features by setting direction and providing guidance.
- Ensure data quality, integrity, and security by implementing robust data validation, monitoring, and access controls.
- Evaluate and recommend data technologies and tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the data engineering process.
- Continuously monitor, maintain, and improve the performance and stability of the data infrastructure.
- 6+ years relevant experience in data engineering
- Expertise in designing and developing distributed data pipelines using big data technologies on large scale data sets.
- Deep and hands-on experience designing, planning, productionizing, maintaining and documenting reliable and scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex environments
- Solid experience with big data processing and analytics on AWS, using services such as Amazon EMR and AWS Batch.
- Experience in large scale data processing technologies such as Spark.
- Expertise in orchestrating machine learning workflows using tools like Metaflow.
- Experience with various database technologies including SQL, NoSQL databases (e.g., AWS DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Postgresql).
- Prior Software Engineering experience is a big plus.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working at an early stage startup
- Experience in a HIPAA compliant environment
- Experience working on machine learning or healthcare related projects
Rad AI offers a variety of benefits, including:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
HSA (with employer match), FSA, & DCFSA
11 paid company holidays
Location-flexibility (remote-first company!)
Flexible PTO policy
Annual company-wide offsite
Periodic team offsites
Annual equipment stipend
Company sponsored co-working space benefit
Founded in 2018 by the youngest radiologist in US history, Rad AI has seen rapid adoption of its AI platform, and is already in use at 7 of the 10 largest private radiology practices in the US. Rad AI uses large language models and state-of-the-art machine learning / generative AI to streamline repetitive tasks for radiologists, which yields substantial time savings, alleviates burnout, and creates more time to focus on patient care. Its first product, Rad AI Omni, saves radiologists an average of 60 minutes per day, and helps achieve up to 20% time savings per report.
Come join our world-class team as we build and deploy AI solutions that will make a difference in millions of people’s lives. Our team is mission-driven and focused on transparency, inclusion, close collaboration, and building an incredible team. Come and help us make a difference!
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
At Rad AI, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.