Senior / Staff Software Engineer, Full Stack
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Rad AI is the fastest growing radiologist-led AI company. In addition to winning the 2021 award for “Best New Radiology Vendor” and 2023 award for "Best New Radiology Software" from AuntMinnie, Rad AI ended 2021 by closing a $25M Series A round of investment and being named to the 2021 CB Insights Digital Health 150 - List of Most Innovative Digital Health Startups. Rad AI continued the momentum by being recognized as 2022 CB Insights AI 100 - Most Promising AI Companies.
Why Join Us: We’re seeking an experienced Senior or Staff Full Stack Engineer with a passion for building new platforms and core services. As a pivotal member of our team, you'll be instrumental in not only delivering user-friendly software to physicians but also in building and maintaining a robust, scalable infrastructure that supports it. This early-stage opportunity (~95 employees) allows you to shape the future of healthcare technology and create core services that enhance our suite of products.
- Conduct Full Stack Development, including building Rad AI’s public web APIs, customer-facing components, and server-side services.
- Deliver and manage containerized applications using Docker and orchestrate them using Kubernetes within HIPAA-compliant environments.
- Collaborate with machine learning, data science, and cross-functional teams to refine the platform’s vision, focusing on system reliability and scalability.
- Architect and oversee a robust, scalable platform infrastructure, utilizing virtual machines, container orchestration, and serverless applications.
- Develop and enhance engineering tools to improve productivity, with a strong emphasis on automation and system observability.
- Proficiency in Python, open-source tools, and a solid grasp of infrastructure as code practices.
- Expertise with web frameworks (Flask, FastAPI) and a thorough understanding of the full life cycle of platform service development.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented and asynchronous programming in Python, with a focus on distributed systems.
- Skilled in microservices-based architecture, RESTful API design, databases (NoSQL/SQL), and scaling such systems effectively.
- Experience with CI/CD practices, automated testing, and proficiency with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Deep knowledge of user management, security, and authentication protocols (OAuth, SAML, JWT), with a focus on infrastructure security best practices.
- Networking prowess, expertise with cloud services (AWS preferred), and command-line proficiency in Linux.
- Capability in system design and providing mentorship in technical infrastructure design, with strong Linux troubleshooting skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with compiled languages such as C# or Java, valuable for creating diverse core service applications.
- Background in regulated environments, particularly those requiring HIPAA compliance.
- Familiarity with healthcare standards such as HL7 and radiology workflows.
- Experience with observability tools such as OpenTelemetry and Graylog.
- Background in big data technologies like Spark and Hadoop.
Rad AI offers a variety of benefits, including:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
HSA (with employer match), FSA, & DCFSA
11 paid company holidays
Location-flexibility (remote-first company!)
Flexible PTO policy
Annual company-wide offsite
Periodic team offsites
Annual equipment stipend
Company sponsored co-working space benefit
Founded in 2018 by the youngest radiologist in US history, Rad AI has seen rapid adoption of its AI platform, and is already in use at 7 of the 10 largest private radiology practices in the US. Rad AI uses large language models and state-of-the-art machine learning / generative AI to streamline repetitive tasks for radiologists, which yields substantial time savings, alleviates burnout, and creates more time to focus on patient care. Its first product, Rad AI Omni, saves radiologists an average of 60 minutes per day, and helps achieve up to 20% time savings per report.
Come join our world-class team as we build and deploy AI solutions that will make a difference in millions of people’s lives. Our team is mission-driven and focused on transparency, inclusion, close collaboration, and building an incredible team. Come and help us make a difference!
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
At Rad AI, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.