Senior / Staff Platform Engineer, Site Reliability
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Rad AI is the fastest growing radiologist-led AI company. In addition to winning the 2021 award for “Best New Radiology Vendor” and 2023 award for "Best New Radiology Software" from AuntMinnie, Rad AI ended 2021 by closing a $25M Series A round of investment and being named to the 2021 CB Insights Digital Health 150 - List of Most Innovative Digital Health Startups. Rad AI continued the momentum by being recognized as 2022 CB Insights AI 100 - Most Promising AI Companies.
Why Join Us: We're on the lookout for a Senior or Staff Platform Engineer with a focus on Site Reliability to join our engineering team. In this role, you'll play a pivotal part in architecting a robust, scalable infrastructure, elevating our system reliability practices, and driving innovation in our workflows. If you're passionate about creating resilient systems and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams, this role is perfect for you.
- Architect and build infrastructure for our platform, utilizing container orchestration tools (preferably Kubernetes), serverless applications (e.g., Lambda), virtual machines like EC2 (or equivalents in GCE or Azure), and databases.
- Take ownership of network and systems monitoring, devising alert strategies, and establishing 24x7 incident response procedures.
- Collaborate closely with engineering leaders, machine learning, data science, and other teams to define our SRE vision.
- Develop and maintain efficient tooling to enhance the productivity of our engineering team.
- Promote sustainable incident response practices and conduct blameless postmortems.
- A data-driven approach with a knack for quick and effective problem resolution.
- Minimum 8 years of infrastructure experience with proficiency in Python (preferred), Bash, or other industry-standard languages.
- Strong familiarity with AWS services.
- Networking expertise and comfort working with command-line Linux.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, delegation, and feedback skills.
- Ability to design complex systems and mentor others in technical design.
- Proficiency in deep Linux troubleshooting, including debugging kernel and driver issues.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in regulated environments (e.g., HIPAA compliance) or at early-stage startups.
- Background in healthcare, security, or machine learning.
- Familiarity with HL7 or radiology workflows.
- Experience with OpenTelemetry or similar tracing services.
- Familiarity with Graylog or analogous logging services.
- Experience working with Spark (EMR, DataProc, HD Insights) and Hadoop-related technologies.
Rad AI offers a variety of benefits, including:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
HSA (with employer match), FSA, & DCFSA
11 paid company holidays
Location-flexibility (remote-first company!)
Flexible PTO policy
Annual company-wide offsite
Periodic team offsites
Annual equipment stipend
Company sponsored co-working space benefit
Founded in 2018 by the youngest radiologist in US history, Rad AI has seen rapid adoption of its AI platform, and is already in use at 7 of the 10 largest private radiology practices in the US. Rad AI uses large language models and state-of-the-art machine learning / generative AI to streamline repetitive tasks for radiologists, which yields substantial time savings, alleviates burnout, and creates more time to focus on patient care. Its first product, Rad AI Omni, saves radiologists an average of 60 minutes per day, and helps achieve up to 20% time savings per report.
Come join our world-class team as we build and deploy AI solutions that will make a difference in millions of people’s lives. Our team is mission-driven and focused on transparency, inclusion, close collaboration, and building an incredible team. Come and help us make a difference!
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
At Rad AI, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.