Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Rad AI is the fastest growing radiologist-led AI company on the market. In addition to winning the 2021 award for “Best New Radiology Vendor” from AuntMinnie, Rad AI ended the year by closing a $25M Series A round and being named to the 2021 CB Insights Digital Health 150 - List of Most Innovative Digital Health Startups. Rad AI continued the momentum by being recognized as 2022 CB Insights AI 100 - Most Promising AI Companies.
Why we’re hiring for this role: Rad AI’s engineering team is growing quickly and as such we are seeking to add on another world-class Engineering Manager to come help us scale and prioritize our engineering teams. The Engineering Manager is a key hire for us, and would handle a variety of critical tasks including: creating best organizational transparency, meeting critical timelines, career development, team mentorship, and delivering honest and constructive feedback.
Our team moves fast and ships code to production continuously and will rely on our Engineering Managers leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean. This will be a 50% individual contributor role with the other 50% focusing on management, meaning we're looking for someone who is willing to be hands-on and dive into technical strategy and problems whenever needed.
This is what you’ll do:
- Partner with software engineers, machine learning specialists, and product managers to advance our product features.
- Offer technical insights, striking a balance between high-impact, sustainable projects and rapid deliveries.
- Bring clarity to ambiguous situations, ensuring feature development aligns with long-term KPI improvements.
- Invest in individual growth, enabling your team to deliver with quality and confidence.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to chart out a strategic direction based on vital business metrics.
- Prioritize clear, constructive feedback, ensuring everyone on the team is aligned and empowered.
This what you'll need:
- At least 7+ years of software engineering experience with a minimum of 2+ years of engineering management experience.
- Experience leading cross functional product engineering teams focused on shipping with quality.
- Strong grasp of KPI and business metrics, are are able to identify and scope product feature work to maximize the business impact.
- A bias to take action. You take the best available data to justify your actions and opinions and make decisions that move the business forward.
- Expertise in growing teams: you’ve recruited great engineers of multiple disciplines while ensuring a successful, supportive onboarding experience.
- Value each team member and understand individual strengths and areas for growth.
- Provide clear directives and communicate areas of risk ahead of time.
- In-depth knowledge of TypeScript and React, Python and FastAPI, or equivalent modern languages/frameworks.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS (preferable) or GCP and the tools to manage them.
- Knowledge of relational and document based databases, as well as other large scale data storage paradigms.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to diagnose and prevent these problems.
This would be nice to have:
- Experience in a healthcare startup or radiology-focused organization.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing startup environment.
Rad AI offers a variety of benefits, including:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
HSA (with employer match), FSA, & DCFSA
11 paid company holidays
Location-flexibility (remote-first company!)
Flexible PTO policy
Annual company-wide offsite
Periodic team offsites
Annual equipment stipend
Company sponsored co-working space benefit
Founded in 2018 by the youngest radiologist in US history, Rad AI has seen rapid adoption of its AI platform, and is already in use at 7 of the 10 largest private radiology practices in the US. Rad AI uses large language models and state-of-the-art machine learning / generative AI to streamline repetitive tasks for radiologists, which yields substantial time savings, alleviates burnout, and creates more time to focus on patient care. Its first product, Rad AI Omni, saves radiologists an average of 60 minutes per day, and helps achieve up to 20% time savings per report.
Come join our world-class team as we build and deploy AI solutions that will make a difference in millions of people’s lives. Our team is mission-driven and focused on transparency, inclusion, close collaboration, and building an incredible team. Come and help us make a difference!
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
At Rad AI, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.