VP of Engineering
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2023
Rad AI is the fastest growing radiologist-led AI company on the market. In addition to winning the 2021 award for “Best New Radiology Vendor” from AuntMinnie, Rad AI ended the year by closing a $25M Series A round and being named to the 2021 CB Insights Digital Health 150 - List of Most Innovative Digital Health Startups. Rad AI continued the momentum by being recognized as 2022 CB Insights AI 100 - Most Promising AI Companies.
Why we're hiring for this role:
Rad AI, a leading company in AI for radiology, is now hiring a VP of Engineering.
Rad AI is currently at the Series A stage with Series B funding on the near horizon. As the company grows, we are seeking a dynamic and hands-on engineering leader to play a pivotal role in scaling our team. Presently, our workforce consists of 70 talented professionals, including 35 engineers. However, with ambitious expansion plans in mind, we aim to double our engineering team within the next 12-18 months.
While our flagship product revolves around the utilization of generative AI in radiology, we do not require specific expertise in AI or healthcare IT for this particular role. Nevertheless, familiarity in these domains would be advantageous. Ultimately, we are seeking an individual capable of fostering a collaborative and results-oriented team culture, one that thrives on building and nurturing talent.
This is what you'll do:
- Develop a strategic technical vision aligned with the company’s business goals.
- Lead and mentor the engineering team, promoting a culture of innovation, high performance, and continuous learning.
- Hands-on involvement in the architecture and design of our technology solutions.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality software within schedule constraints and in compliance with best engineering practices.
- Establish and enforce strong software engineering methodologies and standards.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Sales, and other stakeholders to understand needs, define requirements, and deliver robust solutions.
- Plan and manage the engineering budget efficiently, seeking the best ROI.
- Identify and mitigate risks, troubleshoot issues, and find ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Keep abreast of the latest technology trends and apply this knowledge to drive innovation.
This is what you'll need:
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience, with at least 4 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Proven experience building and leading high-performing engineering teams.
- Exceptional project management and organization skills.
- Leading engineering teams at a multi-product company is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of articulating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate would serve as the glue between our different engineering teams.
- Proven ability to manage a budget and make strategic decisions about resources and investments.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment is a plus.
Rad AI offers a variety of benefits, including:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
HSA (with employer match), FSA, & DCFSA
11 paid company holidays
Location-flexibility (remote-first company!)
Flexible PTO policy
Annual company-wide offsite
Periodic team offsites
Annual equipment stipend
Company sponsored co-working space benefit
Founded in 2018 by the youngest radiologist in US history, Rad AI has seen rapid adoption of its AI platform, and is already in use at 7 of the 10 largest private radiology practices in the US. Rad AI uses large language models and state-of-the-art machine learning / generative AI to streamline repetitive tasks for radiologists, which yields substantial time savings, alleviates burnout, and creates more time to focus on patient care. Its first product, Rad AI Omni, saves radiologists an average of 60 minutes per day, and helps achieve up to 20% time savings per report.
Come join our world-class team as we build and deploy AI solutions that will make a difference in millions of people’s lives. Our team is mission-driven and focused on transparency, inclusion, close collaboration, and building an incredible team. Come and help us make a difference!
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
At Rad AI, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.