Sr. Product Designer (Short Term Contract)
Role & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering to translate open-ended, ambiguous problems into wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and eventually into high fidelity designs
- Own end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to final production
- Design experiences across our web platform as well as contributing to our immersive medium.
- Contribute to and improve our existing design system
- Proactively seek out qualitative and quantitative insights to inform and improve your designs
- Participate in user research and/or testing and generate design prototypes for user testing purposes
- Mentor other members of our design team
- Participate in design reviews and brainstorms
- Passion for our mission and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- Fluency in design prototyping tools like Figma
- Experience working with and building upon design systems
- Proven track record of working within a product team to ship successful products
- Deep understanding of designing for accessibility and patterns, best practices, and design standards across iOS, Android, and Web
- Excited about the iterative design process and seeking impact over perfection
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excitement and/or experience with learning and development or edtech
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a diverse, interesting, caring and inclusive group of folks
- Fully Remote; #workfromanywhere
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health, medical and dental benefits
- 401k with employer match
- We believe everyone is an owner in the company, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business
- Flexible paid time off — unlimited vacation, and sick days & paid parental leave
- Company retreats, holiday parties, and opportunities to gather virtually and in person
- Reimbursements for wellness, continuing education, & more
Studies have shown that women, people of color, and those from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. That said, if you're genuinely excited about the opportunity and worried you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Praxis Labs is committed to developing a barrier-free hiring and interview process and work environment. If you require any accommodation at all, please email our People Operations Team at Peopleops@praxislabs.co and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Praxis Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe that a successful organization is one that celebrates its employees for who they are, who they love, and the unique lens through which they experience the world. Praxis Labs does not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other legally protected status. We understand that our differences make us better. They empower us to learn from each other, lean on each other, and create a product and community that models the behavior we hope to see in others.