Director of Marketing
Populus is a mission-driven company that is shaping the future of cities. Our platform empowers cities to manage their streets and curbs — with access to mobility data from shared scooters, cars, and delivery services — to deliver a safer, more sustainable transportation future. Today, we serve over 100 cities around the world on 4 continents, as the trusted digital platform to manage the future of mobility.
We are seeking a highly strategic and creative Director of Marketing to lead our marketing initiatives and oversee all aspects of marketing at Populus. This crucial role will focus on creating bespoke outreach strategies for strategic target accounts, ensuring that our marketing efforts are highly targeted and effective at engaging key stakeholders in city transportation and parking departments. The Director of Marketing will be expected to oversee initiatives in account based marketing (ABM), product marketing, social media, and industry conferences attended by our target audiences.
- Develop and execute a cutting-edge Account Based Marketing strategy directed toward our ideal personas, including targeted advertising, custom content, personalized webinars, and executive outreach.
- Translate technical product offerings into compelling narratives for end customers and users, developing product marketing strategies for product launches and positioning in the market.
- Collaborate with product, sales, and customer success teams to create and refine content that resonates with prospects and customers.
- Evaluate marketing strategies using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers.
- Manage content across sales and marketing channels, including sales content, web, social media, newsletters, events, and industry presence.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise marketing roles, with a strong focus on Account Based Marketing and Product Marketing.
- Proven track record of success in a startup environment, demonstrating adaptability and a willingness to wear multiple hats.
- Exceptional leadership skills, business ownership, and personal accountability.
- Comfortable communicating with cross-functional teams and leadership.
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Working knowledge of web analytics and CRM tools (Google Analytics, Hubspot, LinkedIn).
- Excellent communication skills, creativity, and a keen eye for detail.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience marketing to the public sector (cities, local governments).
- Passion for transportation or urban planning.
If you are a highly strategic and creative marketing leader with a passion for account based marketing and the skills to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you. Apply today and join the Populus team in shaping the future of urban mobility, and be part of our mission to create safer, smarter, and more sustainable cities!
Populus is an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve. Populus prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Populus’ salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The ranges reflect the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position across all US locations; however, Populus has an office first philosophy and reserves the higher end of the range for employees that are based in the Bay Area and commuting to the office on a regular basis. Unless stated otherwise, Populus will prioritize hires who are able to work in the San Francisco office three days per week.
Within this range, individual pay is determined by location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Only in truly rare circumstances where a candidate has experience or expertise that far exceed the basic requirements for this position would Populus consider paying a base salary rate at the upper end of the range. Your contact at Populus can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation ranges reflect the base salary only and do not include the value of bonuses, stock options, or benefits.
Something looks off?