Chief Financial Officer
Populus is a mission-driven company that is shaping the future of cities. Our platform empowers cities to manage their streets and curbs — with access to mobility data from shared scooters, cars, and delivery services — to deliver a safer, more sustainable transportation future. Today, we serve over 100 cities around the world on 4 continents, as the trusted digital platform to manage the future of mobility.
About the Role
This is an opportunity to be an integral part of an innovative, fast-growing, mission-based company. As our first dedicated Finance person, you will be working closely with the CEO and the executive team to set the direction for the company’s finance org and long-term growth. This is both a strategic and tactical role.
About the Job
- Manage and refine the company’s master operating plan;
- Drive the annual and quarterly planning processes to support major business decisions and overall financial health of the company accounting for growth projections, variances, and function-specific budgets;
- Build and present monthly reporting packages for the CEO and executive team;
- Track KPIs that drive business growth and opportunity areas;
- Collaborate with functions such as Sales, Customer Success, and Engineering to help set priorities and strategic planning;
- Oversee and sign off on monthly bookkeeping and reconciliation;
- Prepare and present financial reports to investors and the Board of Directors;
- Lead tax and compliance efforts alongside third-party vendors and partners;
- Support the CEO in fundraising and runway planning.
You will be working in a highly dynamic environment, and your position will include a broad range of responsibilities.
- Mastery of GAAP financials and SaaS revenue recognition
- Strong strategic analysis experience
- Strong familiarity with SaaS and/or subscription business models
- Experience working in a small and agile environment
Populus is an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve. Populus prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Populus’ salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The ranges reflect the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position across all US locations; however, Populus has an office first philosophy and reserves the higher end of the range for employees that are based in the Bay Area and commuting to the office on a regular basis. Unless stated otherwise, Populus will prioritize hires who are able to work in the San Francisco office three days per week.
Within this range, individual pay is determined by location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Only in truly rare circumstances where a candidate has experience or expertise that far exceed the basic requirements for this position would Populus consider paying a base salary rate at the upper end of the range. Your contact at Populus can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation ranges reflect the base salary only and do not include the value of bonuses, stock options, or benefits.