City Partnerships Director
Populus is a mission-driven company that is shaping the future of cities. Our platform empowers cities to manage their streets and curbs — with access to mobility data from shared scooters, cars, and delivery services — to deliver a safer, more sustainable transportation future. Today, we serve over 100 cities around the world on 4 continents, as the trusted digital platform to manage the future of mobility.
About the Job
- Own an ARR sales target for new public agency sales.
- Write compelling proposals and statements of work (SOWs).
- Understand prospective customer needs and requirements, organizational structure, key decision makers, and procurement processes and facilitate meetings by phone, video, webinar, and/or in-person.
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders at new and existing customers.
- Build, operate and execute a detailed territory plan that enables us to achieves sales outcomes in your region.
- Develop a deep understanding our software and data solutions for public agencies, as well as our relationship with private mobility operators.
- Support a culture of learning+iterating, teamwork, professional development, and achieving ambitious goals.
- Lead and contribute to team projects that refine and improve our sales process.
- Work with other functions to obtain key information that will be organized into proposals
- 7+ years working in enterprise SaaS sales
- Experience with CRM software and pipeline management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative, results-oriented environment
- Proven top performer (consistently exceeds targets)
- Strong passion and interest in transportation
- Comfort with ambiguity and willingness to take on new challenges
- Experience in start-up, high-growth companies and/or clearly articulated passion for entrepreneurial environments
Bonus Points If You Have
- 5+ years working in public sector SaaS sales
- Existing or previous working relationships with the public sector, specifically within transportation departments
- Prior experience selling products or services related to transportation and understanding sophisticated and highly technical software and/or data products
Populus is an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve. Populus prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Populus’ salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The ranges reflect the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position across all US locations; however, Populus has an office first philosophy and reserves the higher end of the range for employees that are based in the Bay Area and commuting to the office on a regular basis. Unless stated otherwise, Populus will prioritize hires who are able to work in the San Francisco office three days per week.
Within this range, individual pay is determined by location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Only in truly rare circumstances where a candidate has experience or expertise that far exceed the basic requirements for this position would Populus consider paying a base salary rate at the upper end of the range. Your contact at Populus can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation ranges reflect the base salary only and do not include the value of bonuses, stock options, or benefits.