Sales Development Representative
Populus is a mission-driven company that is shaping the future of cities. Our platform empowers cities to manage their streets and curbs — with access to mobility data from shared scooters, cars, and delivery services — to deliver a safer, more sustainable transportation future. Today, we serve over 100 cities around the world on 4 continents, as the trusted digital platform to manage the future of mobility.
About the Job
- Drive top-of-the-funnel lead generation for the company by engaging new and existing leads via phone, email, and chat to attract new customers
- Identify high value opportunities and reach key decision-makers/influencers at targeted accounts
- Work closely with sales and marketing leadership to develop strategies to target prospects and schedule meetings
- Update and manage all sales activities, opportunities, and account information in HubSpot
- Consistently achieve monthly and quarterly quota of qualified opportunities
- 0-3 years sales experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (phone, email, & text)
- Must be coachable and a collaborative team player
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
Bonus Points if you have:
- Demonstrated the ability to take initiative in highly dynamic environments
- Prior sales development representative experience or inside sales
- 1+ year of experience in corporate or startup environment
- Highly motivated and willing to take intelligent risks
- Knowledge and interest in Transportation or Urban Planning and/or cities is a major plus
Populus is an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve. Populus prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Populus’ salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The ranges reflect the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position across all US locations; however, Populus has an office first philosophy and reserves the higher end of the range for employees that are based in the Bay Area and commuting to the office on a regular basis. Unless stated otherwise, Populus will prioritize hires who are able to work in the San Francisco office three days per week.
Within this range, individual pay is determined by location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Only in truly rare circumstances where a candidate has experience or expertise that far exceed the basic requirements for this position would Populus consider paying a base salary rate at the upper end of the range. Your contact at Populus can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation ranges reflect the base salary only and do not include the value of bonuses, stock options, or benefits.