San Francisco, CA / Remote
Healthcare needs good data. At PicnicHealth, we are building deep real-world datasets to fuel cutting-edge research, while giving patients control of their own medical data. These complete, clinically-rich datasets produce unique insights across dozens of diseases to ultimately get the right treatments into patients’ hands faster. We make this happen by working directly with patients and leveraging state of the art machine learning to transform messy medical records into structured, research-ready datasets. To date we’ve helped tens of thousands of patients securely access their records and proactively contribute to advancing research in diseases that impacts their lives.
We raised $60 million in funding in a Series C led by B Capital Group in April 2022. Our existing investors Felicis Ventures and Amplify Partners also joined the round, bringing the total we have raised to more than $100 million.
And we are just getting started! If you are looking to join an award winning, mission-driven, motivated team that is making a real impact across millions of people’s lives, PicnicHealth might just be the place for you.
PicnicHealth requests and processes tens of thousands of pages of medical records each week to build a timeline of each patient’s healthcare journey. For those willing to contribute their data to research, we then assemble some of the richest real-world evidence datasets available. This process is made possible by systems and applications that we develop in our Data Production squad. Central to Data Production is the HIPE application (Human-in-the-Loop Processing Engine), which uses sophisticated machine learning and carefully-designed UI/UX to help experts to quickly and accurately extract data from medical records as we receive them. Data Production also includes the tooling and processes used to bundle together and deliver data for research. We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead this team as they implement our state-of-the-art technology in collaboration with clinicians, designers, data engineers, and our commercial team.
The Data Production squad presents an opportunity to shape PicnicHealth’s business through technological development, as well as an opportunity to mentor some of our most senior and experienced engineers. As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for defining and executing on a technical roadmap, for building consensus among cross-domain stakeholders, and for growing a tight-knit team of highly engaged engineers. Our tech stack today includes: GCP, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, Bigquery, Node.js, React, Hasura GraphQL, Typescript, and dbt.
As our Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of 6 FTEs executing on an ambitious technical road map
- Mentor engineers by providing both technical guidance and long term career advice
- Be a consensus builder that helps find tradeoffs and drive decision making among stakeholders including clinicians, epidemiologists, quantitative scientists, and data engineers, while working with product managers and designers to maintain a consistent picture of engineering progress
- Recruit great engineers that establish PicnicHealth as a world class engineering team
- Continuously iterate systems, practices, and process to uphold an environment of technical excellence
- Roll up your sleeves and dive into code when you need to and set a high bar for excellence that others can emulate
You are a great fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of full-time software engineering and 3+ years management experience across a variety of organizations, e.g. at different stages, sizes, and with different tech stacks
- You are passionate about helping engineers improve as professionals and people
- Are passionate about making a difference in the healthtech space, and are interested in how Machine Learning & AI can make that happen when the rubber hits the road
- Are driven to work on high impact (ROI) projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment
We expect all team members to be motivated to be amazing in their roles and, ultimately, to move the PicnicHealth mission forward.
Perks & Benefits @PicnicHealth
At PicnicHealth you get to solve real problems with real solutions, great tech, and great people.
We offer a hybrid set up for our team: team members in the Bay Area can work from the SF office on a flexible schedule; remote team members are expected to travel to in-person gatherings up to 4 times a year.
You also get:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including above market Health, Dental, Vision
- Family friendly environment
- Flexible time off
- 401k plan
- Free PicnicHealth account
- Equipment and internet funds for home office set up
Equal Opportunity Statement
PicnicHealth is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value a diverse and balanced team where everyone can belong.
Something looks off?