Posted on Tuesday, February 8, 2022
Pull up a chair and join us at Patio! We’re a remote-only company of 25 building out the future of communication and growing quickly. We help colleges and students connect with each other in a safe and welcoming environment, and we've raised $8M in 2021 from investors including Forerunner Ventures (backed Glossier, Hims & Hers, Chime, Warby Parker), Redpoint Ventures (backed Stripe, Snowflake, Nextdoor, Twilio), and Abstract Ventures (backed Popshop, Poparazzi, Rippling, WorkOS). If you love the idea of working at a fast-paced startup on the cutting edge of the consumer social space, come work at Patio!
Using your knowledge of quality assurance and automated testing, you will be a critical part of Patio product teams. You’ll contribute directly to the quality of Patio's mobile and web app. Ultimately, we are looking for a QA who can self-manage, and perform manual as well as automated testing of our React Native and React chat app on iOS, Android and Web.
- Take ownership of QA processes to help improve the quality of Patio's chat app
- Build and maintain manual test plans
- Perform manual QA (iOS, Android and Web app)
- Maintain automated testing infrastructure and write more automated tests to speed up QA
- Write clear and detailed tickets for engineers
- Help prioritize an overflow of issues / bugs
- You have a track record of successfully improving the quality of mobile apps and websites
- You have a demonstrated knack of probing for edge cases and proactively striving to discover breaking changes in web and mobile applications
- You ask probing questions about software and don’t give up easily
- Communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally.
- Reside in USA/Canada: we are a distributed company that likes to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
What we offer
- At Patio, we invest in you and believe benefits are one way we emphasize personal and family well-being. We offer healthcare coverage for you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision. We offer parental leave, paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- 100% company-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees (67% for dependents)
- Unlimited PTO / sick leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Mental health support + virtual care
- Annual company retreat
How to Apply
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’ve contributed to open source, have written technical articles or presented at conferences, we’d love to see that work.
Patio is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.