Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Tuesday, February 8, 2022
Pull up a chair and join us at Patio! We’re a remote-only company of 25 building out the future of communication and growing quickly. We help colleges and students connect with each other in a safe and welcoming environment, and we've raised $8M in 2021 from investors including Forerunner Ventures (backed Glossier, Hims & Hers, Chime, Warby Parker), Redpoint Ventures (backed Stripe, Snowflake, Nextdoor, Twilio), and Abstract Ventures (backed Popshop, Poparazzi, Rippling, WorkOS). If you love the idea of working at a fast-paced startup on the cutting edge of the consumer social space, come work at Patio!
Patio has been growing quickly and with that, comes a mountain of data. Right now, we have a basic data stack that includes Segment, Amplitude, BigQuery, and Metabase, but we would like to make it more useful for all our teams from Product to Marketing to Engineering. As our first full-time data hire, you will own and improve our data pipeline to help answer important business questions and discover insights, reporting to our Head of Engineering. The ability to work autonomously and prioritize the right projects and technologies for us is key at this stage in our growth.
- Own our data stack fully from collection to analysis to decision
- Use data-driven insights to improve user engagement and user growth
- Help answer important business questions by collaborating closely with the Product, Engineering and Marketing teams
- Nurture and build a strong data-driven culture at Patio
- At least 2 years of experience in a data engineering, data science, or analyst role at a high-growth or early stage startup — or equivalent open-source/personal project work
- Autonomous and able to effectively prioritize initiatives that deliver the most impact to Patio
- Expert SQL skills
- Familiarity with modern data tools such as BigQuery, Snowflake, Metabase, dbt or their equivalents
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Reside in USA/Canada/South America: we are a distributed company that likes to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
What we offer
- At Patio, we invest in you and believe benefits are one way we emphasize personal and familial well-being. We offer healthcare coverage for you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision. We offer parental leave, paid-time off and flexible working arrangements. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity
- 100% company-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees (67% for dependents)
- Unlimited PTO / sick leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Mental health support + virtual care
- Annual company retreat
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’ve contributed to open source, have written technical articles or presented at conferences, we’d love to see that work.
Patio is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.