Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Passport is reinventing cross-border e-commerce logistics as the modern international shipping carrier of choice for eCommerce (customers include Bombas, Native, Ritual, Seed.com). By combining our proprietary asset light network along with technology and customer support, we ensure that consumers around the world receive their packages without the hassle and pain that is typically associated with international shipping.
We’re a growing, ambitious team looking to upend the trillion-dollar international parcel shipping industry through a world-class experience. At Passport, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest e-commerce merchants in the world and think strategically on how to add value to their international business. See this TechCrunch (https://tcrn.ch/2TKQ4eO) article to understand why brands love us.
About the role:
Passport is in a high growth phase and we are looking for a User Experience designer to join our product management team. You will be reporting to the Director of Product.
In this role you will be working closely with the product team to understand internal and external user problems and design simple and delightful experiences to solve them. You will be responsible for guiding a consistent user experience across all Passport products.
One of our Values is “You are an owner”. We’re growing quickly, and there are gaps to fill and skills to develop along the way. If you want a job with a clearly defined role and monthly consistency, we’re not the right fit.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to understand and capture user needs and translate them into effective user experience solutions
- Define user journeys, personas, and wireframes for product features
- Use data and user feedback to iterate and refine product design, ensuring a consistent and intuitive user experience across all our products
- Advocate for user-centered design principles and educate team members on its importance, fostering a culture of empathy for end-users
- Develop and maintain a UX design system to enhance design efficiency and ensure consistency across all products
- Conduct usability testing sessions and synthesize feedback to drive improvements in design
- Work swiftly to create design concepts and prototypes, ensuring timely delivery in our fast-paced environment
- Own the end-to-end user experience journey, from ideation through to implementation and ongoing iteration
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in UX design with a strong portfolio demonstrating problem-solving abilities and user-centered design solutions
- Strong facilitation skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools, such as Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD, as well as prototyping tools
- A bias to action and quickly iterating designsAbility to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Deep understanding of user-centered design (UCD), user research, and usability testing, as well as the ability to analyze data and feedback to drive design decisions
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly articulate design decisions and how they relate to both user needs and business goals
- A passion for being hands-on in solving product challenges and desire to 'own' the UX journey
- Experience in the e-commerce or logistics industries would be a plusFamiliarity with frontend design languages (HTML/CSS) and frameworks (Angular/React) would be a plus
Location: Latin America (Argentina, Peru, Chile) Remote
What you'll get...
- Competitive cash and equity packages
- Travel & Expenses funds for company events
- 100% remote work environment #LI-Remote
- Flexible PTO
- Themed happy hours - bring on the Zoom comedians, pop-a-shot contests, and sip ’n paints!
- Quarterly team (virtual) gatherings and annual team offsites
- Learning & Development Fund for upskilling or products to improve your day-to-day work life
- Teammates around the world in 8 different time zones!