Account Executive - 3PL
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
Passport is reinventing cross-border e-commerce logistics as the modern international shipping carrier of choice for eCommerce (customers include Bombas, Native, Ritual, Seed.com). By combining our proprietary asset light network along with technology and customer support, we ensure that consumers around the world receive their packages without the hassle and pain that is typically associated with international shipping.
We’re a growing, ambitious team looking to upend the trillion-dollar international parcel shipping industry through a world-class experience. At Passport, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest e-commerce.
About you and the role:
The Account Executive - Warehouse role is an individual contributor position working to expand Passport’s client base of warehouse partners. In order to successfully expand we need our warehouse partners to be our biggest cheerleaders. You will be reporting to the VP of Sales and working along-side fellow Account Executives and a team of Business Development Representatives. Once you join we’ll provide an extensive sales training program to help you hit your immediate pipeline targets, and more importantly help you grow as a sales professional. We are looking for someone who is self-driven, hungry to learn, and thrives in a high growth organization to reach sales goals.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive business growth by building Passport’s client base
- Actively manage pipeline and develop a strategy to hit your sales goals
- Identify and generate new sales opportunities through analysis and discovery, understand the warehouses key decision makers and adapt approach to each specific client
- Move customers efficiently through the sales process, ensuring all expectations are properly set and understood
- Negotiate pricing, contract terms and general partnership agreements
- Maintain an updated, clean and through pipeline to ensure proper forecasting as well as up to date CRM notes so account status is clear
- Ensure proper handoff to the post sales team
- Identify local nuances and help improve processes, tools and documentation
- Collaborate with your peers across departments to support each other’s success
- Be a leader by helping your team and new Account Executives grow and develop
- Analyze the market and competition to understand the logistics industry and adapt business strategy to achieve competitive advantage
- Willing to travel to client meetings, trade shows and other industry events; 25% travel
You have many of the following:
- 5+ years overall sales experience
- At least 18 months as an Account Executive or Sales Representative in the fulfillment, shipping or OMS/WMS/TMS tech space
- Experience selling to warehouses is a plus
- Competitive and driven by goal-oriented metrics
- Has a history of overcoming challenges
- Shows ability to learn quickly and under pressure
- Willing to do the work - researching, prospecting, selling, maintaining relationships
- Ability to foster great teamwork and motivate those around you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Proven track record of success in a Sales position
- Ability to understand client needs and handle the negotiation process
- Computer skills, especially MS Excel and CRM software
What you'll get...
- Competitive cash and equity packages
- Healthcare, dental, and vision
- 401K & Company Match
- Bi-Annual Remote Work funds
- 100% remote work environment #LI-Remote
- Company issued laptop
- Flexible PTO
- Themed happy hours - bring on the Zoom comedians, pop-a-shot contests, and sip ‘n paints!
- Quarterly team (virtual) gatherings and annual all-company offsites in cities around North America
- Learning & Development Fund for upskilling or products to improve your day-to-day work life
- One-time remote work set-up stipend to make your at-home office dazzle
- Teammates around the world in 8 different time zones!