Spanish Tutor for Kids Online with PandaTree.com
Do you love helping children learn Spanish? And are you looking for a fun and flexible part-time job? Do you want to work from the comfort and safety of home?
Join PandaTree! We’re passionate about helping kids learn foreign languages. PandaTree delivers high-quality online language lessons for children ages 2 to 17 using our proprietary videoconference platform and engaging curriculum.
PandaTree is an exciting place to be! We are growing and looking for native-fluency Spanish-speaking tutors to provide one-on-one and small group tutoring for children. Tutors are hired as part-time employees and earn $18 to $24 per hour. Tutors work 15-30 hours of their choosing per week from the comfort of a private room in their own home. PandaTree provides lessons between 8 am-11pm Eastern Time (5am-8pm Pacific Time) 7 days per week.
- Help kids improve their Spanish fluency through fun, interesting conversations over our proprietary video-conference platform using PandaTree's engaging content modules.
- Gently help students with new words or corrections as needed and add new words to the student’s personalized word list. After the lesson, tutors write an update note.
- Tutoring lessons last 25 or 50 minutes. Five to 15 minutes of prep time is required for each lesson. Lessons are recorded for later review by the student and for ensuring quality.
- Articulate, native-fluency Spanish speaker
- Strong English speaking and writing skills
- Bachelors degree, Masters degree or PhD with a focus on education or language
- 2 years of experience teaching or working with children, ideally in a classroom setting. Prior tutoring experience (online or in-person) also helpful
- Patient, kind, energetic and FUN. Tutors need an engaging and encouraging presence over video-conference
- Living in the U.S. and legally permitted to work in the U.S.. (New hires will complete an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification.)
- Ability to be punctual for tutoring sessions is a must
- Willing and able to commit to 9+ months of working with PandaTree
- Available for tutoring at least 15 hours a week, including during the school year
- Reliable, high-speed internet connection: Minimum 100 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload. (Visit www.speedtest.net to test.)
- Laptop or desktop computer, less than 2 years old, Mac or PC
- Camera and microphone (built-in or plug-in)
- Good lighting for an evenly lit face
- Quiet, private, interruption-free room, with a plain background to conduct online tutoring sessions
Please include a short cover letter explaining your Spanish teaching qualifications and your experience working with children.
PandaTree is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?