Senior Director of Customer Experience
At Pair Eyewear, we’re building the largest global eyecare company in the world focused on bringing personalization to the end to end eyecare experience, starting with your glasses. We’ve developed the first personalized eyewear brand where glasses can be an extension of your personality, mood, and interests. With funding from leading venture capitalists in the consumer space, partnerships in the entertainment, sports, and fashion arenas, and a team of passionate individuals, we’re on a mission to completely revolutionize the eyewear industry. We’re excited that we already have the support of Good Morning America, The Today Show, Oprah Magazine, CNN, and Forbes helping us share our story.
Pair is seeking an accomplished Head of Customer Experience who will set the vision, build, and scale a world-class customer support team at Pair.
In this role you will be instrumental in providing an extraordinary glasses experience to an ever-growing number of customers both in the US and abroad. As our Head of CX, you will lead a multi-location support team and set the vision for how we achieve best-in-class customer centricity, performance, productivity, and quality across all communication channels (email, phone, chat and text). You will also oversee operational areas tied into the customer experience, such as customer insights and product and marketing feedback loops and serve as the voice of the customer internally. Experience partnering with stakeholders in Tech and Digital Product to scale efficiently is a must.
What you’ll do:
- You will define what it means to be a customer-centric, motivated and high performing customer experience organization - able to serve the business needs of a quickly expanding global company - and then execute upon that vision
- You will strategically scale the customer experience team in a cost-effective manner and manage against a suite of productivity, quality, and financial targets
- You will listen to our customers’ needs and develop clear feedback processes between support, product/marketing, and operational/manufacturing teams to help Pair constantly improve and provide eyewear experience
- You will build out sustainable training programs to most effectively scale our CX organization across both internal and outsourced teams
- You will work with our Technology and Digital Product teams to design and build out the architecture for a suite of CX tools
- You will lead by example and demonstrate a high level of empathy for both our customers and our agents
Who You Are:
- A seasoned CX leader, experienced with growing an efficient organization that both answers customer inquiries and processes customer orders
- Comfortable using data to drive toward high standards and troubleshoot areas for improvement
- Able to set and drive toward a 3-5 year vision while not afraid to dig into the details and get your hands dirty
- An empathic, growth-oriented manager who coaches their team to execute successfully against a roadmap they set
- Unabiding love of solving problems and always looking for a means to improve existing processes - you are never satisfied with the status quo
- Experienced in working with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders in Finance, Manufacturing, Operations, Sales/Marketing and Technology to serve the needs of the business and customers alike
- Extensive knowledge of how best to partner with offshore outsourced CX teams
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- 100% customer focused and able to serve as an internal evangelist for customer needs
- Action-oriented, and excited by a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
Need to Have:
- 5-7 years of management/leadership experience in CX
- A proven track record of launching and scaling support systems and teams, both internal and external
- Experience in order processing/management and informed as to how technology can improve such processing
- Demonstrated (both quantitative and qualitative) ability to set and achieve ambitious goals
- Strong success record in a highly collaborative and transparent environment
Nice to Have:
- Taking CX through multiple geographic expansions (e.g. UK, EU, SE Asia)
Some Benefits and Perks of Working At Pair:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous vacation policies
- Competitive salaries with equity opportunities
- Retirement savings plan options
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for family and friends)
- NYC dog friendly office with flexible hybrid work options
At Pair, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The pay range for this position is expected to be between $160,000 - $190,000 and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Pair is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of actual or perceived age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, familial status, family responsibilities, gender identity/expression, genetic information, marital status, matriculation, national origin, personal appearance, political affiliation, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Something looks off?