Origin was built with the bold mission of helping people make the most of every money they earn. We are a financial well-being platform to keep people happy, healthy, and on the road to financial success because we believe that protecting your assets, family, and future shouldn't require a Ph.D. in finance.
We are modernizing the financial wellness industry worldwide, so we make it easy and affordable for companies to offer a suite of best-in-class financial tools for their employees.
We are a fast-paced startup in the series B round, led by repeat founders and backed by leading VC firms like Founders Fund, Felicis, and General Catalyst.
What is this role's mission?
A Controller would be responsible for supporting the accuracy of the company's financial results, highly experienced in owning the company's financials and bookkeeping process, as well as coordinating cross-functionally with both internal and external stakeholders to monitor and process payables, create and send out invoices, and lead other processes like payroll.
We are seeking a Part-Time Controller (20 hours per week), fully remote, to support our Finance team.
What you'll do:
- Own the company’s books and perform monthly close and account reconciliations;
- Maintain and verify the integrity of integrations between bookkeeping, AP/AR, and other software;
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on revenue and expenses;
- Monitor accounts receivable, ensure payables are processed, and facilitate relationships with vendors and outside parties;
- Work with business leaders to create and send out invoices to customers;
- Manage and supervise payroll and other related processes.
We're excited if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience;
- 2+ years of accounting and finance experience, preferably at a B2B SaaS company;
- Knowledge of Intuit QuickBooks and its integration with software such as Ramp, Stripe, and Deel;
- Proficiency with invoicing and liaising with customers and vendors;
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and not afraid to get your hands dirty;
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively.
What we offer:
Our environment is diverse, with excellent people and equal opportunities. We embrace the discomfort of moving too fast while we care about people and value work-life balance, so we expect your time at work to be used well.
Your Origin peers will take you seriously, and in return, we expect professionalism and autonomous behavior from you. Problems and issues are always openly discussed so we can dig deeper, and we always give, receive, and act on feedback, holding no grudges.
Origin also offers:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited access to financial planning
- Health annual stipend for you and your family
- Wellness stipend
- Monthly co-working membership reimbursement
- Build your home-office budget
- Pick your setup (Apple, Windows, Linux) and accessories
- Open vacation policy
- Remote-first culture
- Flexible hours
Fulfilling our mission is only possible with a diverse team that breathes for excellence and is hugely committed to making money simple for everyone, everywhere.
As a team, we are obsessed with delivering the best solution possible to our members through an elegant and self-guided experience. We know that building a product of this magnitude requires from us tons of creativity, autonomy, and flexibility to move fast and embrace uncertainties with ownership. This is who we daily pursue to be!
To embrace talented people like this and provide the necessary resources to achieve their best versions, we believe in the power of a healthy environment where each person is valued for who they are and have clear goals and expectations for the future they can build within the company. Each person here is seen as a key player in our team.
Our environment is diverse, with excellent people and equal opportunities. We believe in the power of the individuality and uniqueness of each of us to make our team even more powerful.
We are building an outstanding solution, and here is an invitation for you to become an Original and join us on this journey!
Something looks off?