Staff QA Engineer
Origin was built with the bold mission of helping people make the most of every money they earn. We are a financial well-being platform to keep people happy, healthy, and on the road to financial success because we believe that protecting your assets, family, and future shouldn't require a Ph.D. in finance.
We are modernizing the financial wellness industry worldwide, so we make it easy and affordable for companies to offer a suite of best-in-class financial tools for their employees.
We are a fast-paced startup in the series B round, led by repeat founders and backed by leading VC firms like Founders Fund, Felicis, and General Catalyst.
Why should I work at Origin?
Let’s cut to the chase: the top reason to work at Origin is you want to deliver value to customers but in a safe and secure way at an industry-changing company.
The Staff QA knowledge combines a plethora of elements, from bug tracking, application test plans, testing and validation strategies, managing automated testing tools, e2e testing automation, and functional and regression testing, in addition to outstanding leadership and communication competence, helping to maintain an outstanding level of quality and reliability and being a talent multiplier which gets the team around them to excel.
You will work to understand the products' high-level roadmap and ambitions with your quality-first mindset, creating and improving the development of QA workflows focusing on delivering best-in-class products. However, you can't do it alone. You will be part of an all-star tech team led by Origin’s CTO, with 10 years of experience as a co-founder and technology leader at venture-backed companies.
If you are up for the challenge, keep reading!
How will my day-to-day be?
As a Staff QA Engineer at Origin, you will be helping us improve our product's quality for the most part of your time. This means that you will be responsible for:
- Establishing and driving QA Strategy & Best Practices within and across product teams;
- Contributing to release timelines with testing estimation, prioritization, and bug tracking;
- Creating and improving development-QA workflows focusing on enhancing product/feature quality;
- Working with Development and Product Management to design and implement testing and validation strategies;
- Providing guidance to QA technology groups in their development of design artifacts and Quality Assurance test plans;
- Developing and documenting meaningful application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications;
- Executing and managing test cases and results;
- Managing our automated testing tools;
- Record and document results and compare them to expected results.
While you will start working as a one-person-army, you will empower and collaborate with each Original to improve our quality-oriented culture. You will recommend books & articles to your colleagues (and read their recommendations), lead talks, share best practices, contribute to Origin's wiki, mentor peers, and interview candidates.
And in an environment as collaborative as ours, we expect you to join us for our meetings, be it our daily standup, weekly all-hands, plus an individual one-on-one with your manager every other week.
We are building multiple consumer-facing products that could impact millions of people. We have features being shipped every day, and we need someone with experience in QA to help us make sure we are covering all possible scenarios.
You need to be a Staff QA Engineer who is:
- Experienced working as a QA (5+ years);
- Familiar with web-based and mobile applications;
- Experienced in functional and regression testing;
- Experienced in e2e testing automation;
- Experienced in test case management systems;
- Intellectually rigorous;
- Relentlessly resourceful;
- Technically excellent;
- Good at giving & receiving feedback;
- A fluent English speaker.
What else will I love about Origin?
Our environment is diverse, with excellent people and equal opportunities. We embrace the discomfort of moving too fast while we care about people and value work-life balance, so we expect your time at work to be used well.
Your Origin peers will take you seriously, and in return, we expect professionalism and autonomous behavior from you. Problems and issues are always openly discussed so we can dig deeper, and we always give, receive, and act on feedback, holding no grudges.
Origin also offers:
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity package
- Unlimited access to financial planning
- Health annual stipend for you and your family
- Wellness stipend
- Monthly co-working membership reimbursement
- Build your home-office budget
- Pick your setup (Apple, Windows) and accessories
- Open vacation policy
- Remote-first culture
- Flexible hours
- English tuition reimbursement for international employees
Fulfilling our mission is only possible with a diverse team that breathes for excellence and is hugely committed to making money simple for everyone, everywhere.
As a team, we are obsessed with delivering the best solution possible to our members through an elegant and self-guided experience. We know that building a product of this magnitude requires from us tons of creativity, autonomy, and flexibility to move fast and embrace uncertainties with ownership. This is who we daily pursue to be!
To embrace talented people like this and provide the necessary resources to achieve their best versions, we believe in the power of a healthy environment where each person is valued for who they are and have clear goals and expectations for the future they can build within the company. Each person here is seen as a key player in our team.
Our environment is diverse, with excellent people and equal opportunities. We believe in the power of the individuality and uniqueness of each of us to make our team even more powerful.
We are building an outstanding solution, and here is an invitation for you to become an Original and join us on this journey!
Something looks off?