Product Manager | Investments
Origin was built with the bold mission of helping people make the most of every money they earn. We are a financial well-being platform to keep people happy, healthy, and on the road to financial success because we believe that protecting your assets, family, and future shouldn't require a Ph.D. in finance.
We are modernizing the financial wellness industry worldwide, so we make it easy and affordable for companies to offer a suite of best-in-class financial tools for their employees.
We are a fast-paced startup in the series B round, led by repeat founders and backed by leading VC firms like Founders Fund, Felicis, and General Catalyst.
Why should I work at Origin?
Origin is revolutionizing the way people plan and manage their finances. Our team is dedicated to helping achieve their financial goals and build a secure financial future. We're saving people thousands of dollars each year on unnecessary planner fees, and as the world continues to evolve, we want to ensure everyone has equitable access to information.
We are a deeply product-driven organization that builds first with user needs in mind, and we are poised for continued growth and success.
As a Product Manager at Origin, you will lead a multidisciplinary team to bring state-of-the-art financial management products to market. You will be part of an all-star team of product managers & designers.
If you are excited about the opportunity to shape the future of financial planning and join a dynamic and driven team - join us at Origin!
What will my day-to-day be like?
Product managers at Origin have a lot of freedom to decide how they spend their time. Still, they are ultimately responsible for ensuring that we are working on the highest-impact projects and executing at a world-class level.
You will own our Investments products. We offer an investment portfolio tracker that enables users to understand their portfolio performance and composition at every level. We are also expanding further by offering a brokerage account product that is primed for significant growth over the years to come. You would own the product vision, strategy, and execution for making Origin into the premiere destination for both monitoring existing investments and investing in the market directly, all with the help of a financial expert.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Work directly with Origin’s executive team to define the vision and strategy for your area of product and business
- Deeply understand the market, our customers, and our users to democratize financial planning and make it accessible to the masses
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to translate your vision into products that are highly impactful and delightful to use by developing user stories and product requirements and engaging in usability and prototype testing
- Create and own your team's success metrics
- Interact directly with customers and users to unearth pain points and discover new product opportunities
- Ship with pace and urgency while keeping a high quality bar
We're looking for someone who is a true problem-solver at heart and who wants to help bring financial well-being to the masses. You don't shy away from new challenges; the harder the problem, the better. You are motivated by the fact that our product doesn't just affect the lives of a few people - it affects hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
You have a strong desire to dive into an industry with huge problems and opportunities in an effort to drive transformational change. You are intensely focused on identifying problems and finding the right solution. You thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment and are willing to take risks and experience failure. You care about design, think in terms of KPIs, and enjoy learning about and applying new technologies to solve customer problems in a user-centric way.
- 3+ years of experience building consumer-facing software as a Founder or Product Manager
- Experience working on a significant product roadmap from strategic inception to launch
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather data, both qualitative and quantitative, emerge with insights and make well-reasoned decisions
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding feel for UX/UI
- The ability to make decisions in the face of uncertainty and with incomplete information, and an eagerness to learn from the outcomes
- Technical fluency that enables you to explore possibilities creatively and challenge constraints with engineering, with demonstrated ability to earn the respect of talented engineers
- Experience working in the financial services industry, particularly wealth management
Nice to haves:
- Experience building or consuming APIs
- Experience building Machine Learning/recommendation-based products
What else will I love about Origin?
Our environment is diverse, with excellent people and equal opportunities. We embrace the discomfort of moving too fast while we care about people and value work-life balance, so we expect your time at work to be used well.
Your Origin peers will take you seriously, and in return, we expect professionalism and autonomous behavior from you. Problems and issues are always openly discussed so we can dig deeper, and we always give, receive, and act on feedback, holding no grudges.
Origin also offers:
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity package
- Unlimited access to financial planning
- Health annual stipend for you and your family
- Wellness stipend
- Monthly co-working membership reimbursement
- Build your home-office budget
- Pick your setup (Apple, Windows, Linux) and accessories
- Open vacation policy
- Remote-first culture
- Flexible hours
- English tuition reimbursement for international employees
Fulfilling our mission is only possible with a diverse team that breathes for excellence and is hugely committed to making money simple for everyone, everywhere.
As a team, we are obsessed with delivering the best solution possible to our members through an elegant and self-guided experience. We know that building a product of this magnitude requires from us tons of creativity, autonomy, and flexibility to move fast and embrace uncertainties with ownership. This is who we daily pursue to be!
To embrace talented people like this and provide the necessary resources to achieve their best versions, we believe in the power of a healthy environment where each person is valued for who they are and have clear goals and expectations for the future they can build within the company. Each person here is seen as a key player in our team.
Our environment is diverse, with excellent people and equal opportunities. We believe in the power of the individuality and uniqueness of each of us to make our team even more powerful.
We are building an outstanding solution, and here is an invitation for you to become an Original and join us on this journey!
Something looks off?