Senior Software Engineer: Sync
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Noyo is the leading benefits infrastructure company, enabling seamless data connectivity across the benefits ecosystem. We believe every person should have access to great benefits that are easy to understand, easy to use, and have them covered when they need it most.
In service of that mission, we provide modern infrastructure to power the next generation of consumer health and benefits experiences. Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, Noyo makes it possible for developers to embed benefits into any app.
We are a rapidly-growing technology company backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley, and we are building a team of ambitious and creative people looking to change the face of benefits.
Noyo is a distributed team with employees across the United States. We have an office in San Francisco, and are currently giving preference to candidates who are located in the SF Bay Area. While we don’t have strict requirements on when people attend the office and trust people to manage their time, we are looking for people who value in person collaboration and will work from the office a few days a week.
What You'll Be Responsible For
- The Sync Team is responsible for building and maintaining the services that deliver carrier data in an accurate, up-to-date, and useful way to our customers.
- You will design, build, and maintain the services, internal tools, and products that are owned by the Sync Team.
- You will spend the majority of your day building product. You will often be tasked with solving a problem rather than just implementing a specific solution.
What You'll Be Collaborating On
- You will work closely with other engineers on the team, our architect, and our CTO to build new features from ideation to launch and beyond. This includes collaborative designing, programming, and code reviews.
- You will work directly with a product manager from the Noyo Product Team and cross-functional stakeholders to design the product you are building and validate the product is truly solving impactful problems.
- As a senior member of the team, you will provide technical mentorship to other engineers on the team. You should enjoy coaching and making your teammates better.
What Experience You'll Need
- You have built modern web applications in a product-driven environment. You should feel comfortable balancing risk, speed, and quality in your development process.
- You have worked in an agile environment with continuous integration, along with rigorous logging and monitoring practices in a production environment.
- Preferably you have experience in the employee benefits or healthcare industry.
- Minimum of 7 years of full-time professional experience.
- Relevant practical experience or Bachelor's degree in an engineering field
Your 12-Month Roadmap
Within 1 Month
• Get to know the team and our agile culture, and how we write, review, and deploy code.
• Set up your local development environment and potentially contribute to making the common environment better for other engineers.
• Explore the most common codebases you will be working with and the codebases owned by the Sync Team.
Within 3 Months
• Understand the company mission and goals, and understand the medium and long-term goals of the Sync Team.
• Establish your personal and professional development goals with your manager.
• Get comfortable working on tickets with vague instructions and scoping. You can identify gaps and questions that need to be answered before work is started.
Within 6 Months
• Complete your first significant project with your teammates. For the Sync Team, this means a large technical contribution to any of a handful of upcoming large projects.
• You should be able to give a high-level view of the system architecture and be an onboarding buddy for a new hire.
Within 12 Months
• You should be capable of being the leader of a project from inception through technical design, development, and launch.
• You should be a resource of both domain and technical expertise for newer team members and engineers on other teams at Noyo.
Noyo is committed to advancing pay equity, and pay transparency is one tool in support of that goal. Noyo has a comprehensive total rewards program which includes base salary, equity, benefits, and professional development opportunities.
The base salary for this position is $162,000 to $220,000 annually. Consistent with applicable laws, compensation will be determined based on the applicant’s level, relevant skills, qualifications, and experience along with requirements for the position.
Noyo is a distributed first team with employees working across the U.S. and we take a location agnostic approach to compensation. This means that your location will not be a factor in determining your compensation.
Please note that it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range. Noyo reserves the right to modify this compensation range at any time.
What we value
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
What we offer
Competitive salary and equity packages - You'll be an owner of the company
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - Noyo pays 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependents premiums
Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance - Company paid life and disability coverage
Health and Dependent Care FSAs - Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket expenses
401k Account - 401k program through Guideline
Commuter Benefits - Tax-advantaged commuter benefits account
Home Office Stipend - Noyo offers each team member a $500 stipend to spend on home office related equipment
Parental Support - 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
Paid Time Off - Uncapped vacation days & paid holidays
Holidays Off - Noyo observes 14 holidays including Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day, Election Day, & Veterans day
How we work together
Deep Work Wednesdays - Wednesdays are used for deep work, so we try to avoid meetings being scheduled this day unless it's client sensitive.
Collaboration Stack - We primarily use Slack, Google Suite, and Notion.
Core Collaboration Hours - To maintain our flexible, self-directed work schedules without leading people to feel they need to be constantly connected, we've implemented core meeting hours where cross-time zone meetings happen.
Noyo products serve everyone, and we believe the best products are built by teams that represent their users. We value unique contributions and actively welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join us at Noyo. We are committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Noyo participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching the information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Here you will find links to the Participation Poster as well as the Right to Work notices in English and Spanish.