Growth Client Success Manager
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
As Client Success Manager, you own Modern Health’s employer relationships from launch through contract renewal. You are responsible for driving product adoption and engagement, and over time client retention and growth. You partner closely with senior HR executives and business leaders, serving as product expert, strategic consultant, and mental health champion. Your partnership with Modern Health’s clients and internal product team allows us to continually improve the functionality and benefits of the platform.
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Growth Client Success. Ideal candidates have prior experience managing large-scale client relationships, and are comfortable analyzing data and using it to make strategic and prescriptive recommendations. We’re looking for someone excited to positively impact the lives of millions in a highly visible role.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Build and manage strategic relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including Benefit Managers, HR Executives, and Benefits consultants
- Partner with clients to define and execute a program strategy for Modern Health that integrates within their broader benefit offerings
- Convert “model” clients into Modern Health champions, leveraging their success for references and case studies
- Drive utilization and engagement; ensure clients and their employees are utilizing key product features to maximize success
- Use account data to understand opportunity/risk
- Drive success in tangible metrics (e.g. improved wellness outcomes, benefits, retention and renewals, or product expansion)
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Operations, Sales, and Clinical Care to advocate for clients and drive successful adoption of Modern Health
- Partner with clients to meet and exceed their business objectives
- Identify, manage, and resolve client risk areas & escalations and proactively develop solutions to avoid churn
- Develop an operating calendar and detailed account plans to ensure long-term client retention and growth
Who You Are-
- 5 - 10 years experience managing relationships or selling to HR leaders or clients within the B2B tech, learning & development, and/or employer benefit space
- Able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in Spanish
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and listening skills, and a proven track record of success with strategic accounts
- Experience and comfort using data to share insights and make actionable recommendations
- Engaging presentation skills, and a desire to lead projects with high visibility
- Excitement for tackling and building processes around new challenges: you enjoy problem-solving, have a keen attention to detail, and are motivated to drive ongoing team improvement
- The flexibility and agility to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and demonstrated initiative and independence
- A sincere interest in and empathy for your clients and co-workers
- Passion for our mission and understanding of the healthcare/benefits space
- Intellectually curious and a fast learner
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (Modern Health offers 100% coverage for employees and 75% of dependent insurance premiums)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.