Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
Modern Health is looking for an experienced Partnership Manager to shape and drive our Consultant Program. In this highly visible role, you'll report to and work alongside our Head of Consultant Relations and own the day-to-day management of our partners and their clients – acting as a liaison between Modern Health and a targeted group of innovative and passionate benefit consultants and brokerage firms. You will be responsible for identifying new partnership opportunities, nurturing existing high-value partners (i.e., WTW, Mercer, Aon, Lockton, Aliant, etc.), and representing Modern Health as a leader in the industry to positively impact the lives of millions. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, enthusiastic, relationship-oriented, and mission-driven.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Support the growth of Modern Health by driving qualified opportunities from Referral Partners to the Sales team - you will drive the strategic plan and implementation with a set of national firms to ensure consistent referrals to Modern Health are made to their employers/clients
- Own the partner experience and drive operational excellence for ease of doing business with a targeted number of national consulting firms
- In partnerships with the Marketing Liaison, you will implement, lead and create marketing campaigns that generate demand & awareness, and engagement events effectively leveraging referral partners as lead generation engines
- Collaborate with partners to develop a strong GTM plan and manage co-marketing activities such as events, webinars, etc
- Comfortable with developing strong and deep partner relationships both internally and externally as well as collaborate cross-functionally and work closely with leaders from internal teams including Product, Clinical Care, Client Success, and Operations
- Serve as the executive source and day-to-day contact from Modern Health to executive-level stakeholders, subject matter experts, and lead consultants at our partners
- Work closely with our Account Executives and Client Success team members to jointly leverage strong relationships with key contacts in the benefits consultant community to drive sales qualified opportunities and streamline renewal experience
- Build, customize and present our solutions and capabilities, and expand the broader conversation around mental health strategies with key innovation leaders in the benefits broker space
Who You Are-
- 7+ years of experience in the employer healthcare benefit consultant/broker space
- Preferred Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business, healthcare, health management, or well-being
- Experience in employer benefits consulting, strategy, well-being, or business development
- Established, successful track record of sourcing, developing and maintaining partner relationships
- High EQ, strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, polished communications, and a proven track record of success with strategic partners
- Maintains and cultivates a deep understanding of the healthcare/benefits space
- High attention to detail, superior presentation skills, and the desire to lead national strategic projects with high visibility
- Self-starter, reliable team player with the ability to deliver quality projects on time
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment, and successfully manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Flexible Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.