Specialized Services and Quality Lead
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
Providing exceptional care is at the heart of Modern Health. We are looking for a Specialized Services and Quality Lead to join our Clinical Care team to help advance this mission. In this role, you will define and scale how we integrate our care across Modern Health services and the broader benefits and healthcare ecosystem. In addition, you will help put our quality strategy into practice, from development to implementation and oversight. This role will report to the Director of Clinical Strategy and Experience.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and review the crisis escalation policies and procedures to ensure we are meeting or exceeding clinical standards of practice for crisis situations
- Act as a subject matter expert with Operations, Product, and other cross-functional teams to educate about best practices, innovate in product and service designs, and assist with the implementation of new and upgraded offerings
- Foster relationships with external partners to refine the member pathways between our organizations
- Build and scale the clinical components of our care coordination solutions
- Train care coordination agents to ensure best-in-class connections to care and appropriate resources, as well as risk mitigation
- Handle some escalation calls directly or offer guidance to care coordination agents
- Supervise a team of care coordination agents, including training, oversight, supervision, professional development, and growth of the team if and as necessary
- Own the development of additional care coordination services as needed (either built in-house or with an external partner), including for members with significant substance use concerns, SMI, eating disorders, primary care integration, etc
- Help design, improve, implement, and manage quality-of-service programs and protocols
- Translate your expertise for external parties (for example, customers or prospective buyers)
Who You Are
- You have an advanced degree in Social Work, Clinical/Counseling Psychology, or a related field
- You have 3+ years of experience in supervising clinicians, social workers, or paraprofessionals in a mental health or healthcare setting
- You have 3+ years of experience (with increasing levels of responsibility) within a hospital, insurance/payer/health plan, or EAP setting
- You have developed or implemented protocols or programs related to quality of service, and you are comfortable evaluating provider performance, investigating complaints, and delivering feedback to providers.
- You have a strong strategic and analytic approach
- You are operationally savvy and prefer to build systems instead of single-use solutions
- You enjoy working in dynamic and ambiguous environments with lots of interdisciplinary collaboration
- You have strong attention to detail and you care deeply that your end product is both effective and engaging
- You are passionate about innovating and moving mental health care into the future, particularly in providing greater access to high-quality care
- You have strong opinions about using evidence-based practices to drive high-quality well-being solutions
- Strong plus: you have trained or taught adults, ideally in topics related to mental health
- Strong plus: you have both assessment and intervention experience related to delivering and connecting people with the appropriate mental health and well-being resources
- Strong plus: you are experienced in speaking and presenting about mental health for non-clinical audiences (for example, giving talks or speaking to business leaders)
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Flexible Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.