Clinical Care Coordinator
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
Providing exceptional service is at the heart of Modern Health. We are looking for a Clinical Care Coordinator to join our team to help advance this mission. In this full-time role, you will help our members connect to care and resources that best support their mental health and well-being.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Assist members in connecting with care both within and outside of Modern Health based on their mental health and well-being goals, clinical needs, strengths, and interests
- Complete high-level needs assessments to inform the member’s resource needs
- Collaboratively engage with members (via phone and email) to recommend and connect them with the best pathway to care for their clinical needs
- Use motivational interviewing principles to help members connect with the resources that are most relevant for their goals and needs, and increase willingness to engage
- When requested, follow up with members regarding referrals and accessing resources external to Modern Health
- As needed, provide in-the-moment support and safety planning for members with safety or crisis risks as a bridge to crisis or emergency services
- Communicate with Modern Health providers to assist with continuity of care
- Facilitate warm hand-offs to care outside of Modern Health when appropriate
- Identify barriers to mental health and related services and help members navigate through to access the resources they need
- Champion the member experience by collaborating with interdisciplinary team members (such as Care Operations, Clinical Strategy)
- Participate in staff meetings and training
- Help us continue to innovate, build, and improve the Care Coordination function
- Comply with all legal, regulatory, and ethical standards that you are subject to, as well as with Modern Health’s policies and procedures
Who You Are
- You have a master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related fields or higher (independent licensure is required, RN licensure will also be considered, licensure in multiple states is preferred)
- You have 3+ years of experience in care navigation, coordination of care, patient navigation, etc
- You have knowledge of psychological interventions like cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, and solution-focused interventions
- You are passionate about providing excellent service, including strong communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- You have strong opinions about improving equity, inclusivity, and belonging for all people
- You are motivated by challenge, enjoy learning new things, and thrive in dynamic and ambiguous environments with lots of interdisciplinary collaboration
- You have strong attention to detail and you care deeply that your work is accurate, thorough, and easy to digest
- You are passionate about innovating and moving mental health care into the future, particularly in providing greater access to high-quality care
- You are physically located in the US
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Flexible Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.