Vice President of Product Marketing
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
The Vice President of Product Marketing, reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, will have direct responsibility for product marketing strategy and execution at Modern Health. This person will develop the strategic product marketing plan and lead the positioning, packaging and pricing efforts for our global product line. You will work closely with our go-to-market, corporate marketing, product, design and research teams to launch successful products and capabilities to market and help us fulfill our mission of a world where mental health becomes a priority and strength for all.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Own messaging, packaging and positioning. We have ambitious goals of fulfilling our mission of improving the lives of people and their communities by offering an inclusive mental health solution that drives the best outcomes, is the most cost-effective, and is the most engaging. You will own how we position the product in market, package existing and new solutions, define our value proposition, and create the language we use in marketing material, within the product, and in internal discussions
- Provide strong leadership through thoughtful talent recognition, coaching, development and performance management for a small and incredibly talented product marketing team
- Develop a deep understanding of our market and customer. We are a customer-obsessed team, but you will take this to an entirely new level of understanding. You will define customer and buyer personas, prioritize their biggest challenges, define segments, understand purchasing behaviors, and research competing offerings. The team will look to you as the voice of the customer
- Work directly with finance and GTM teams to develop pricing and packaging strategies that will help us to differentiate and win in a fast paced, global marketplace
- Own solution messaging across the product portfolio, serving as the lead go-to-market storyteller for internal meetings, customer facing and industry events
- Craft and execute impactful product marketing campaigns that resonate with customers and target audiences across all channels, including website, social media, email, and paid advertising
- Bring new products, packages and capabilities to market. Our product team moves fast so we constantly have exciting new capabilities to share with the market. Your team will own outbound marketing for new launches across channels — website, press, blog, email, and more — to communicate with our rapidly growing customer community to support these launches. You also know that a product launch is just the beginning and will support continued adoption of features as our team improves them
- Drive cross-functional strategic projects. You will lead and drive cross-functional strategic projects. You'll influence and bring together the team, collaborating with others to translate strategic opportunities into deliverable projects. You will measure and report on the business impact of such projects
- Partner with our Product, Corporate Marketing, Enablement and GTM teams. Be a close partner with our product, design, client success and sales teams. You'll contribute to our product strategy, how we prioritize features, and be a constant advocate for our customers. You'll influence and partner with these functions to drive alignment on company-level goals, projects, and activities
- Partner with our Enablement and Revenue team to win deals in global strategic, mid-market, and enterprise segments with thoughtful pitch materials, one-pagers, product and persona training, and direct deal support
- Bring market insights—from customer-facing teams, the competition, market research—into our product development process
- Develop a sharp perspective on how we develop new products or drive engagement with existing ones in order to increase revenue
- Be a voice of the customer and a voice of the market
Who You Are
- Strong product marketing leadership experience. You've launched multiple products and features from ideation to launch to adoption in a fast-changing market
- Experience with B2B Digital Health Products. You understand the digital health ecosystem including payer, broker, consultant and employer personas and have delivered proven products to market tied directly to successful revenue delivery
- Experience with complex pricing and packaging in the B2B Digital Health space
- Experienced people manager. You have hired, managed, and led other product marketers. You understand what it takes to be a successful product marketer and you actively work to bring the best out in your people
- Experience working closely with product teams. We expect you to jump right in and collaborate with our product managers, designers, and researchers. You've had experience working in the weeds with product teams in making tough priority tradeoffs and partnering on product strategy
- Clear communicator. We expect you to take big, ambitious ideas and distill them down into concise, exciting talking points. You have experience bringing the voice of the customer to an entire team and get buy-in on your ideas and strategies
- Pragmatism. We're looking for someone who can wear multiple hats across the entire lifecycle of product exploration, launch, and adoption. You are willing to get into the details to ensure consistent messaging for our customers across all touch points
- Ability to think strategically while being able to dig in with the team to execute on the ground. Ideally, you have hands-on experience working in startups that are growing and transitioning to a more mature scale-up
- Experience working with Revenue teams on enablement assets, training, and gathering customer feedback
- Excellent storytelling abilities. You have strong communication skills—both written and verbal. You have the ability to distill complex ideas into simple, crisp words
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for customers to inform your points of view for how to take our product to market
- Self-starter; you spot opportunities to make things better and take ownership over them
- Track record of leadership that drives projects to completion by collaborating across teams. You can effectively partner with engineering, product, design, sales, customer success, and marketing teammates
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Flexible Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.