Strategic Account Executive - Direct Sales
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
As a Modern Health Strategic Account Executive, you’ll have the chance to work at one of the fastest growing companies in the country - and have the opportunity to change the lives of millions! We are looking for exceptional candidates who can manage a complex and consultative sales process to large Strategic employers (>5000 eligible employees). We are building a team of high-performing Strategic Account Executives to rapidly scale Modern Health in effort to make mental healthcare accessible to employees across the world.
We have a highly collaborative sales team, where we seek to get better every day and work as a team to reach both our revenue targets and our mission of delivering behavioral health solutions to millions!
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with VP and C-Level leaders from Enterprise (>5,000 eligible employees) to Jumbo (100,000+ eligible employees) companies and run the full sales cycle from qualification to close, including partnering closely with an SDR & broker partnerships team who focuses on prospecting into employers
- Work cross functionally with Proposal writers and subject matter experts to respond to employer RFP requests
- Deeply understand customer needs and map our solution to the challenges they are facing
- Serve as a trusted advisor to companies, helping to educate them on the mental health landscape - and inspiring them on the value of Modern Health’s new approach
- Work multiple 6 to 7 figure deals
- Work with and prioritize a large pipeline of opportunities in a highly strategic way
- Independently create and deliver customized presentations and proposals
- Partner closely with our Customer Success team to ensure a smooth handoff for all new customers
- Consistently look for ways to innovate on our sales process and product offering - and collaborate closely with our Product, Engineering, and Operations organizations
- Deliver accurate and dependable sales forecasts - and independently maintain sales pipeline with the goal of consistently attaining and exceeding targets
Who You Are
- 7+ years of SaaS or tech enabled healthcare or benefits Account Executive experience - and have consistently over exceeded quotas
- Expert listening and discovery skills - and ability to map product value to customer needs
- Strong project management skills with ability to help employers spot risks with their buying process
- Experience navigating complex organizational structures and creating champions across teams
- A natural curiosity about behavioral health and how it impacts organizations
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, and collaborative environment
- Exemplary presentation and communication abilities - both verbal and written
- High attention to detail, with a process and solution-oriented mindset
- Experience running the complete sales cycle from demo and qualification to close, including strong negotiation abilities
- Experience selling to HR or Benefits leaders a strong plus
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Flexible Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.