Software Engineers (Palo Alto, CA)
Posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Develop, create, and modify complex application software for our online communications platforms. May perform additional duties that are similar and consistent with stated position requirements.
Qualified candidates must possess a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related field plus 2 years of experience. Of the required experience, must have 2 years of experience in each of the following:
· Developing Electron-based desktop software applications for Windows and macOS
· Using native platform APIs and Web APIs to create software features, including automatic updates, multi-window user interfaces, and file system access
· Designing and integrating domain layer for business logic sharing across Node.js, React Native, and browser environments
· noSQL databases
Position requires 100% telecommuting from any location in the United States.
Our cash compensation package is made up of two components - base pay and stock options in the company. Salary Range: $184,662 to $190,000.
Apply at https://www.marcopolo.me/jobs/ or
Joya Communications, Inc. d/b/a Marco Polo
Benefits and Perks:
· Comprehensive medical, vision and dental coverage plus benefits that support your mental health and emotional well-being.
· Flexible paid time off, generous company holidays and self care days.
· 100% remote, anywhere in North America.
· A work schedule built to fit your real life.
A bit about us:
Marco Polo is private video chat for your real relationships - not the entire world. Our video chat app allows you to send a video message at your convenience, and your friend or family member can send back whenever they can. With millions of people already benefiting from this new way of using technology to nurture their relationships, we’re proving that we can reject harmful but profitable business practices and build products that are good for you.
In June 2020, we launched Marco Polo Plus, a subscription plan that offers a premium experience. We aim to be a sustainable business while remaining free in a way that upholds our brand promise to be good for you. Plus delivers on our promise to monetize without ads or selling user data.
Though our backgrounds are diverse, we share a belief—lives flourish when people feel close. That common inspiration keeps us aligned with our purpose as a team, which is scattered across 16 states (so far), coast-to-coast throughout North America.
The distance doesn't slow us down. We keep the engine humming from our homes, co-working spaces, and coffee shops—connecting with daily Zoom calls, and retreats. Whether collaborating through Slack, video calls, or of course Marco Polo, our team knows how to keep connected—it’s what we do best!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.