Consultant Partnership Lead
At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
Job Summary: As a Consultant Partnerships Lead, you will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive strategy to foster strong partnerships with benefits and HR consulting firms and brokerage houses. You will be building, managing and enhancing these relationships to maximize distribution and drive business growth. Your role will involve collaborating with internal teams, educating benefit consultants and brokers on Level’s products and features, gathering insight and feedback to improve our product, and identifying new opportunities to expand our market presence.
What You'll Do:
- Drive business growth by designing and executing market awareness, lead generation, and channel distribution strategies and relationships. This role is accountable for driving sales pipeline growth and conversion through market relationships and will set and self manage key metrics to do so.
- Create and execute on a comprehensive partnership strategy (identify and prioritize key partners including benefit consultants, brokers, and other intermediaries) aligned with our business goals to maximize distribution, and increase awareness of Level via channel partnerships.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders at benefit and HR consulting firms and brokerage houses, including regular check-ins to understand partnership needs, challenges, and suggestions for improvement. As part of relationship building, you will be responsible for curating events in key markets with leading partners to drive awareness of Level.
- Enable partners. Develop and deliver comprehensive partner training programs to ensure that partners understand Level’s value proposition, benefits, and differentiators to drive local market referrals.
- Solicit insights through partner feedback and market trends to identify areas for improvement and to inform strategic product decisions.
- Collaborate with partners to develop programs to motivate and support partners in promoting our products and services in order to grow the number of opportunities brought to Level, as well as Level’s win rate.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, market dynamics, and competitor activities: use insights to provide thought leadership to partners and guide internal stakeholders on product development, marketing strategies, and business decisions.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Account Management teams to tailor proposals, client presentations, and negotiation with partner specific content to improve Level’s win rates.
- Develop metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to track and communicate the effectiveness and progress of consultant and brokerage relationships and partnership strategies.
- Negotiate and finalize partnership agreements, ensuring that all contractual obligations and expectations are clearly defined and met.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years experience working closely with benefit and HR consultants and enterprise/jumbo clients
- Established deep relationships with the leading benefits and HR consulting firms in multiple geographies and industry segments. Demonstrated success driving sales through understanding of enterprise client point of view and benefit purchase decision making process.
- Strong collaborative skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners to achieve shared goals.
- Deep commitment to understanding customer needs and ensuring that partnership initiatives align with delivering value to our customers.
- Ability to think strategically and develop innovative partnership strategies that align with business objectives and drive long-term growth.
- Proficiency in utilizing data and analytics to drive decision-making and measure the effectiveness of partnership programs.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, remote, startup environment with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and navigate ambiguity.
- Driven to learn and understand how our products and services work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate complex concepts and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven track record of building and nurturing relationships with partners, customers, and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve ambitious goals, meet deadlines, and deliver results in a dynamic and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Deep understanding of the benefit and HR consultant landscape, distribution models, and best practices in partner management.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents
- 100% employer paid dental through Level with a $3,000 benefit allowance for you and each of your dependents
- 100% employer paid vision through Level with an $800 benefit allowance for you and each of your dependents
- Generous additional fringe benefits offered through Level’s platform:
- $700 in Office Funds available in your first 90 days to assist with getting your home office set up
- $4,000 lifetime balance through our Medical Travel EAP
- $1,000 annually through Level’s Mental Health EAP
- $150 monthly through our Wellbeing lifestyle spending account
- $3,000 annually in Education benefits (made available upon your 1 year anniversary) that can be used to continue professional education or be applied towards student loan payments.
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, and life insurance
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payments
This position has a minimum base salary of $175,000 with OTE at $275,000. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards.
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: